Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,295 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249533
02/03/09 07:39
02/03/09 07:39
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Originally Posted By: MMike
.. so im not a thief. understand that, i just changed some things, that i downloaded legaly.. which is complelty different.

Just read the license agreement and you will see that it is not allowed to "change some things".

And I am sure you cannot download a full copy of TombRaider legally where you can "change some things" to make it a full game. The demo version is smaller and does not contain all levels. You probably searched for a warez version.

All these excuses dont make it legally or make you a saint. It is wrong, period.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: Machinery_Frank] #249745
02/04/09 02:10
02/04/09 02:10
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

Quote:
Just read the license agreement and you will see that it is not allowed to "change some things".
you might be right.

but im sure not even you read all the licence agreements everytime you install a program.. By the way, there is no traslations for portuguese, in some softwares, and english is not my native lnaguage, and most of the text i can't understand very well. So its not my fault about reading something i cannot , because its i dont understand. Specially the laws part that they talk with a more rich volcubulary.

First i never said i played a warez version! beware of what you say...
I played the game a friend of mine had and it was not cracked.. and never stated i downloaded a full version of tombraider..

Think whatever you want, i just wanted to give my contribute to the topic.. and let them knows some stuff.

because i dont care.. the pirates always will be there.
And im not a thief. never did such things.
I wont come back to here, so .. you better get another topic to talk about. for me this is like a closed thread

Last edited by MMike; 02/04/09 02:15. Reason: all the reasons in the world
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249766
02/04/09 07:19
02/04/09 07:19
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

..but im sure not even you read all the licence agreements everytime you install a program.. By the way, there is no traslations for portuguese, in some softwares, and english is not my native lnaguage, and most of the text i can't understand very well. So its not my fault about reading something i cannot , because its i dont understand. Specially the laws part that they talk with a more rich volcubulary.

This is a weak excuse. I will make a very exaggerated example to explain why I think so: If someone kills another people in another country he will get the penalty that is common in this country. There is no way to say: "I did not know that this is not allowed. I did not understand the laws."
No matter, it is wrong and will be prosecuted.

If you cannot read the license and if you do not understand it then you actually should not use it because you agree to the terms of license when you install this software. What if they write your soul belongs to them after installing it? You should better read it.

I am sorry if I bother you with my moral here. But I live from software. I sell business software, nutrition software, 3d models and textures. And if everybody would just steal it then I could stop this work immediately. So I often feel sad when I read about the easiness how people think about "doing some changes" to crack and steal software.
There is hard work involved of designers, artists and programmers, people from advertising and distribution. They all did good and hard work.

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: Machinery_Frank] #249810
02/04/09 12:14
02/04/09 12:14
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

i totaly agree with you, they did a good job, dont forget im also a software designer, and off course i dont want people to start cracking. But i know there will be always those trying to crack,and the other that buy it, if it worths.

And i dont consider cracking steal. But i know what you want to say.
I don't steal, but even cracking i just do it for big companies, not for those small corporations or people doing there job standalone.
i crack things like winrar , winzip the like. things that there are already a crack outthere, but i dont get those who contains spywares, i do my own.

But i got your point. and i agree with you. but the fact is that crack is not everytime ok? i just do it sometimes when i really need it. and sometimes its not that simple.

What i usually use is a patcher program, the program search for a specific order of bytes and then it replaces it for another. That in some cases its enought to crack version 1, 2, 3, ... etc.. so i dont even need to crack everything again, i just need to download the legal trial or unregestered version.. and then run the patch already done, and it works (sometimes).

Of course this is like "phylosofie around" theme. And i dont need anyprogram right now. i stoped cracking for sometime, sometimes i can do it for fun, i mean, i change the paint program on vista, to have my initials, my toolbar names , and other costumized things etc..

Also knowking cracking art, helps alot for developers, to build more safer programs, and increase security...

I think i said everything... i dont have nothing more to say lol. you can go to those warez foruns , or teams, and learn cracking too, not for cracking but at least you learn how to fool some beginner crackers to not crack your software that easly.

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249831
02/04/09 14:23
02/04/09 14:23
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Quote:
I don't steal, but even cracking i just do it for big companies, not for those small corporations or people doing there job standalone.

What about the people working in big companies? Are they worse than standalone developers? Why should I do that?

It is still wrong and I will not do it. If I cannot afford 3ds max, then I use Blender, Lightwave, Silo, Wings or Modo. I see no good reason to do illegal stuff like this. What an example would I be to my kids?

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: Machinery_Frank] #249951
02/05/09 02:31
02/05/09 02:31
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

even if you are a good example for them, nothing stop them from get cracked software.. I mean after all its all about money. Im sure the guys at those companies get the money anyway if the program is released, its not because someone cracked or something.

This is a difficult subject to talk about, of course, i dont like stealing, i dont consider this the real steal term, but i know its wrong, but, there are plenty of other wrong things like terrorismt, and others and noone do anything about it. Fight poberty fight for food .. etc.

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #249957
02/05/09 07:21
02/05/09 07:21
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

...there are plenty of other wrong things like terrorismt, and others and noone do anything about it. Fight poberty fight for food .. etc.

While this is true I am not a police man, I am not a farmer. I am a programmer so I would rather fight for selling software wink

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: Machinery_Frank] #250118
02/05/09 23:55
02/05/09 23:55
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

you right

Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: MMike] #250236
02/06/09 19:07
02/06/09 19:07
Trier, Deutschland
Nowherebrain Offline
Serious User
Nowherebrain  Offline
Serious User

Trier, Deutschland
another fact is that this is stealing, anyway you go about it. When you download or crack a program intended for sales(intellectual or medium) that action is profit not made, or a lost sale. The same as taking money....just my opinion though.

Everybody Poops.
here are some tutorials I made.
http://www.acknexturk.com/blender/
Re: Indy developer wants to know from pirates why they pirate [Re: testDummy] #250241
02/06/09 19:37
02/06/09 19:37
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

Every Windows PC has a unique ID to it, why not work around this? You can link it to this ID in a few different ways but would insure security to your program(s).

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de