I'm still new to blender, but when I decided to write down each use of a feature or a set of keys in one text file, I got a grip on it.
Each session I open blender and this text file, so I can read anything that I forgot. And, when I use an additional feature, I write into this text file how to use this feature.

I use the VLC media player to play the blender tutorial videos in higher speed to get an idea whether they are about something that I want to know. I learn by a combination of looking the videos, trying different buttons in blender, which open lists of tools. I learned so far importing, exporting, splitting the areas, open the uv view, adding image, marking seams, layout uvs, render to texture ambient occlusion, switching between the different modes like object mode, edit mode, texture mode, sculpt mode, and use them, moving the view with the middle mouse button in combination with Ctrl, Shift and Alt, editing with the right mouse button, confirming the change with the left mouse button, undo with ctrl+z, and - a year before I didn't believe it - but I get sort of used to it! wink

Thanks to ventilator, who never got tied to make plugins for blender and acknex, and who advertised this free tool with words and a tutorial!

Just want to add that there is a book coming about the game engine part of blender, and the old book about the bge (blender game engine) is available as a .pdf for download.

http://www.yofrankie.org/