|
4 registered members (JimSimons, TipmyPip, 3run, 1 invisible),
15,917
guests, and 1
spider. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Re: LiSPPSVSM (Realtime Soft Shadows)
[Re: BoH_Havoc]
#223859
08/26/08 23:44
08/26/08 23:44
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,713 Lübeck
Slin
OP
Expert
|
OP
Expert
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,713
Lübeck
|
BoH_Havoc, you know very well that the hard part isn´t really the shader but the math, especially for the matrices calculated on the cpu :P And thank you for getting me started with shadowmapping in the end of the last year  Although I sometimes regret that I had you helping me... It could have saved me a lot of time and frustration if I had given up on this :P Thanks to you and to Wiliam for commenting  I think this time I will wait until giving away a demo but I hope to be that far until sunday, because afterwards holidays are over and I´ll have a little less time... . Here is a new screenshot I just took  
|
|
|
Re: LiSPPSVSM (Realtime Soft Shadows)
[Re: Slin]
#223892
08/27/08 14:31
08/27/08 14:31
|
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,713 Lübeck
Slin
OP
Expert
|
OP
Expert
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 2,713
Lübeck
|
I finally found out last night at about 3am that the example LiSPSM code from the paper multplicated two matrices the wrong way around, which caused it not to work... Now it does work and I also already implemented with some help from Error014 a dynamic changing value for the lispsm quality to make sure that the LiSPSM quality stays nearly constant even with "bad" camera angles. On the screenshot the quality looks worse than before, but the distance of visible shadows increased with a factor of about 3 and the better usage of the depthmaps causes the VSM to work worse than before, which made them look much better than they really were. 
Last edited by Slin; 08/27/08 14:39.
|
|
|
Re: LiSPPSVSM (Realtime Soft Shadows)
[Re: Slin]
#223894
08/27/08 15:06
08/27/08 15:06
|
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,758 Antwerp,Belgium
frazzle
Expert
|
Expert
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 2,758
Antwerp,Belgium
|
A complex name for a complex aspect, makes sense ^^ If you succeed in this, this will become one of greatest UCs ever  You're so close to victory Slin, don't let unexpected events turn down your focus on SM  Cheers Frazzle
Antec® Case Intel® X58 Chipset Intel® i7 975 Quad Core 8 GB RAM DDR3 SSD OCZ®-VERTEX2 3.5 x4 ; HD 600 GB NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 295 Memory 1795GB
|
|
|
Re: LiSPPSVSM (Realtime Soft Shadows)
[Re: frazzle]
#223897
08/27/08 15:12
08/27/08 15:12
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,177 Netherlands
PHeMoX
Senior Expert
|
Senior Expert
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 8,177
Netherlands
|
Light Space Perspective Parallel Split Variance Shadow Mapping Que? Looking good though, keep on it, I hope you can crack the puzzle and achieve some fast soft shadows.
|
|
|
Re: LiSPPSVSM (Realtime Soft Shadows)
[Re: PHeMoX]
#223921
08/27/08 17:41
08/27/08 17:41
|
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,930 Austria
Dark_samurai
Serious User
|
Serious User
Joined: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,930
Austria
|
Wow it looks realy cool! I hope that you'll suceed on this and Conitec will buy it from you  Dark_Samurai
ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)! get free version
|
|
|
|