I don't believe in any God, because I also think our Gods have been an invention of early times. The lack of logic and truth-finding behind certain religious rules or often even the whole belief system also makes me very much doubt everything 'they' come up with. So much that I often think God isn't even an actual (theoretical) possibility anymore.

To sum up how I feel about the more modern religions: "It's like saying Frodo from Lord of the Rings must have been real and must have had supernatural powers, you know.. having hair on his feet and all. Oh, and doing what he did, destroying the Ring. The wise Tolkien must have known that 'God' in person, hence why he wrote about it in a thick book."

I'm sure people can understand why it's just ...uhm stupid to give a book this much credibility, reading this much into what was written.

In the end, there's really not one thing about religion that makes sense to me, except how it's modern-day purpose seems to be to control large groups of people. Oh and scoring a big bunch o' easy soul-points by helping out the poor(est?) people.

Apparently people rather believe in false promises and in exchange keep on muddying on, instead of daring to change their lives and become truly happy people instead. smile

@Roel: All your arguments have been refuted many times before, even on this very forum (do a search wink ).

From 'fossils not showing evolution'; they actually do quite clearly show evolution but it's a gradual process and you're looking at only one moment in time, to how 'complexity' in your opinion is a sign that there must have been supernatural forces at work.

You know, you should ask yourself whether or not there is proof for what you do believe in, instead of sort of blindly stating other people are wrong with overused but 'wrong' arguments... because basically that's what you're doing here. I'm not attacking you here, I'm just giving my opinion, so no offense to you.

Quote:
also why I believe in God is that there are so many texts of the bible found in caves and they still find them today and thats just such a big proof.

Proof of people having enough imagination to think of stories and enough technology to preserve their ideas on paper.

It still doesn't matter what was written down though, especially if archaeological research time and time again does not support those texts as being historic.

Also... why did they exclude those documents from the Bible if they are 'authentic'? In reality most of those texts are philosophical in nature, a bit like essays on the questions involved in forging new or better religious ideas. There's a good bunch of contradiction going on for a good reason,

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software