Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, ozgur), 1,421 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Iridium Engine - Ground Tactics #246180
01/13/09 22:53
01/13/09 22:53
5 Images
TEXCOORD3
Foxfire Offline OP
Iridium Engine - Ground Tactics

Hey,
Here is the project that I have been working on for the last month or so. I call it the Iridium Engine. Designed for the upcoming game "Ground Tactics," Iridium features cutting edge real-time rendering as an add-on to 3D Gamestudio. Iridium is built upon a deferred rendering architecture that allows for an extremely high number of polygons and dynamic lights to be rendered without slowing down the framerate. So far, using pixel shader 3.0, over 100 dynamic lights can be rendered attributing to ambient, diffuse, specular, and emissive terms.
Iridium also features real-time Ambient Mapping and real-time Radiosity Mapping to increase the realism of the scene. Some major features implemented in Iridium include:
-Dynamic ray-traced reflections and lighting
-high quality relief mapped enviroment with different shaders for multiple hardware capabilities
-Multi-Plane Parallel-Split Shadow Mapping with an advanced derivative solver for extremely soft and accurate shadow mapping.
-shadow mapping for up to 8 omni-directional lights and sunlight.
-512x sampling SSAO with relief-mapping support.
-enviromental illumination from all sources.
-Ultra High Dynamic Range (UHDR) rendering offers twice the gamma output as regular HDR (this is Pixel Shader to Screen, no value clamping!)
-scene managment for sustained fps.
-high fps - around 90 with 0.5 million polys on most average gaming PCs!

I hope you like the engine. The engine is currentley in version 4.0b and is still in development.

-Michael H. Auerbach-
41 Comments
Re: Iridium Engine - Ground Tactics [Re: Felixsg] #268854
05/31/09 13:50
05/31/09 13:50
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
just so to raise this topic from ashes laugh

how about posting some new info or screens?

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Iridium Engine - Ground Tactics [Re: croman] #268875
05/31/09 16:01
05/31/09 16:01
TEXCOORD3
Foxfire Offline OP
Foxfire  Offline OP

TEXCOORD3
Hey,
Iridium far from dead. Everyday, I spend between 2 and 8 hours working on the engine.

Some general news:

//Instant Radiosity//
-Instant Radiosity has been removed from the primary features list!
I know this is disapointing but after hours of research and development, I have concluded (and my professors agree) that real-time radiosity is simply too slow for a video game. Over 70% of rendering time is spent calculating this term alone. Also, because it is an estimation, models with high detail geometry cause a lot of unavoidable noise (true with any algorithem). The algorithem is best suited to static geometry, or simple geometry.
The good news is that the feature CAN be enabled for those who have a crazy graphics card or who want to just see GI in a game. The feature is disabled by default and is purely experimental due to its extravegent cost.

//Deferred Rendering//
-a new system allowing for 2 methods of deferred rendering is now implemented.
-One method is the traditional "old" style that renders each light as a mesh and only fills pixels with light from their surrounding mesh. This means that dozens or hundreds of small lights cost the same as one large light.
-The other method is the method I have been using so far which is to simply render lights to every pixel within the screen space view as a post processing effect. This has the advantage that specular reflections are not bound within an artificial range of the light and that an additional rendering pass can be skipped.

-These two methods can also be enable together to provide a unique lighting system that has advantages of both methods. We refer to the mesh bounded lights as "detail" lights. Hundreds of detail lights can be rendered dynamically without shadows at very high framerates (60 fps). Use normal lights for extra high quality or large area lighting.

//Atmospheric Lighting//
-Lighting is no longer limited to surfaces. All air volumes are rendered with lighting from surrounding sources. This enables side effects such as atmospheric scattering, chromatic dispersion, and volumetric light shafts (god rays) all generated procedurally.

//Bump Mapping//
-The level of surface detail generation is now variable and can be automatically assigned based on GPU performance. Bump Mapping, Parallax Mapping, and Relief Mapping are the 3 possible values (listed from fastest to slowest).

//Light-Entity synergy//
-Lights can now be manipulated using actions. All lights can effectivley be treated as entities making interactions between the two extremely simple and intuitive.

//Advanced Object and Light Culling//
-Objects and lights are now culled using the GPU. Objects behind other objects and lights that are not visible are culled. This process is dynamic and occurs every frame. This does not replace the need for bsp trees, but improves performance greatly by only rendering polygons and lights that are visible and not occluded.

I will post more updates as they become available -Michael-

http://www.groundtacticsgame.com/
Alienware m17x R Custom laptop
specs:
Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad CPU Q9300
2x Nvidia 280GTX 2GB vram
6GB ddr3 memory@ 1333Mhz
512GB SSD
1200p 17' screen
runs Crysis Warhead on max settings at 1200p at 90 fps
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de