Hello jcl,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the ridiculous delay in mine.

Those are some excellent news, but it left me a bit more confused than before.

If I got it right, I guess you're suggesting the following:

Make a model in 3ds max (or similar) with 2000 frames of bones animation. Import than model to MED. Now export the model's bones from File->Export->Bones to ASCII. My customers can then import that file to their own models, provided they use the same name convention for their own bones. Is that remotely right? I admit I haven't started testing any of these yet, but I certainly will the following days.

Just a couple of questions, provided that what I just said is true..

1) Would I need Gamestudio Pro to export a weighted Bones file and do all of the above from my A7 Pro MED, or any version would do?

2) What exactly do you mean, weighted animation file will work with all engine versions although it will look better in Pro? Does it mean that non-Pro versions will play the bones but ignore all weights in it?

I guess what I'm trying to figure out here is, what exactly is the limitation in Non-Pro gamestudio versions as far as weighed Bones animation is concerned. I was very surprised to hear that I could use bone weights in all gs versions so I'm wondering what's the limitations I'll have to work around for Non-Pro versions.

@Quadraxas, It would be a very appealing feature to be able to mix and match entities like that by code (load mesh file, texture file, bones file, all separately) but my biggest concern is getting bones to work so i don't consider it that big of a deal.. I guess we could work with mdl files as well, since that's how the A7 engine is built.

@firelord, Not yet, but I've picked the whole issue up again. But it looks more like a Silver feature to me since copper 1.0 has been delayed long enough.

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!