I agree, Firoball. I think that WED and MED need to be ditched in favor of one unified editor for creating polygonal environments and other polygonal meshes. Or Conitec could create a decent modeler (or require the end-user to use another modeler) and have a decent, real-time editor for putting it all together (possibly like the one they are in the process of creating now).

However, my point here was not to say that WED should not change, but to point out the fundamental differences between WED blocks and polygonal meshes. If Ness understood the differences then perhaps his request would be different. For example, instead of asking for an extrude function for CSG geometry in WED, he might ask for WED to dump CSG all together in favor of a more modern way of creating game environments such as using standard meshes.

Quote:
I thought this worked before, but I might remember wrong.

I don't remember, frankly. Didn't it used to take a block with a concave surface and break it up in order to make several non-concave blocks?

Quote:
And if WED can handle meshes, why not consider blocks as meshes?

Because that would be quite a fundamental change for WED. WED is what it is: a CSG tool. They would have to rewrite WED to do more than import meshes, but to create them and edit them. If you remember, Conitec had wanted to merge MED and WED many years back, but that ball got dropped like a hot potato. So it must not be so easy for Conitec to do this.

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios