Hmmm...I don't know-- don't take this the wrong way...just my two cents-- but it would seem like tossing out the baby with the bath water.

I would say that as long as the Gamestudio art pipeline allows artists to create animated props without config files and Wed allows drag and drop behaviors and templates it's shining in its niche. I don't think legacy technology is always bad. I mean look at Doom3 vs Quake -- sure it looked better, but folks didn't like it as much as the old game.

Everyone wants to keep pushing things forward, but at what cost? It seems like right when a product gets bug free, it's tossed out the window and an entire new code logic is created to take advantage of this or that hardware improvement...with new bugs. i.e. Vista

I'm not saying to go back to the Commodore 64 and its software (though a $200 keyboard computer would probably have a market today), but change even for the best is not always good. I think Gamestudio could shine in a sub-niche like Web3D and Augmented reality (or something else) which would get it on another path say than Unity or Torque-- and still be an easy to use engine. Along with all the planned changes it would be a good strategy to differentiate itself.

Again my two cents... I do understand what you are saying and I think we could both agree that anything that makes the engine easier to use and even more versatile is a good thing.