Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,395 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: TrueSpace Plug-in [Re: danohu] #255037
03/07/09 07:55
03/07/09 07:55
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
1) Yes

Ah, you didn't tell that you work with an old version. There is no need to have an older version. trueSpace 7.6 is freeware nowadays. And so i thought we talk about that smile

Quote:
3) I understand that once you transfer your animation from TrueSpace to Ultimate Unwrap that you can then save the whole thing to GameStudio as an Mdl file which eliminates the need for saving individual frames?

It's one more step. Export from Workspace as Collada. Open UU3D, load Collada , save as FBX. Open MED, load FBX, save as MDL.

But we talk about the Workspace side in this case. The new bones.

Different story for the old bones and Modeler. WARNING, in Case we talk about old bones, they don't transfer over to the Workspace. Means there is no way to export them as Collada.

You could have a look if X arrives intact in MED. Try both, the X from your older Version ( I guess tS 6.6 or below?), and 7.6 Modeler. Haven't played around with the old bones for a long long time, and am honestly not willing to touch this buggy dinosaurs anymore smile

Quote:

which eliminates the need for saving individual frames?

What do you mean with eliminating vs individual frames all the time? There is never a need to deal with the single frames when you don't want to. What's there is the need to clean up the one or another keyframe. But that's another thing.

Last edited by Tiles; 03/07/09 07:56.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: TrueSpace Plug-in [Re: danohu] #255194
03/08/09 17:11
03/08/09 17:11
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Since the latest edition of TrueSpace is free, you should really upgrade soon.

Re: TrueSpace Plug-in [Re: Tiles] #255472
03/10/09 17:33
03/10/09 17:33
Herts, UK
D
danohu Offline OP
danohu  Offline OP
D

Herts, UK
Hi

Thanks for your insightful comments. Some of my misunderstandings were to do with a very old version of TrueSpace that I have.

I have purchased Ultimate Unwrap and installed the freeware version of TrueSpace 7.6 as suggested. I still have some difficulties...

I am able to save a scene as a Collada dae file from TrueSpace.

When I open the Collada dae file in Ultimate Unwrap and play the animation, each of the 30 frames that appear are exactly the same as the first frame so the animation sequence is a series of the same frame. Perhaps I am not saving the Collada file correctly to have ‘30' different frames from the TrueSpace scene or perhaps Ultimate Unwrap does not work in the way I expected it I to?

It doesn’t matter how large the dae file is, when I import it into Ultimate Unwrap I end up with the problem of having only 30 frames each time. Each RsScn from TrueSpace 76 varies in length and has different numbers of frames so this is a puzzle.

When I save the Collada dae file from Ultimate Unwrap to an .fbx file and then open the frames in the MED, not surprisingly – given my earlier problems, each of the frames is exactly the same.

My questions are:

1)Are their any special boxes one should tick when saving a file from TrueSpace to a Collada dae file that I am perhaps overlooking and which is causing my problem?
2)Does Ultimate Unwrap allow one to import more than 30 frames at a time?
3)Does Ultimate Unwrap import different frames e.g. ‘walking’, ‘running’ etc so that an animation sequence can be created or does it only accept the first frame one imports e.g. ‘walking’ and then make 30 copies of this frame?

D

Re: TrueSpace Plug-in [Re: danohu] #255476
03/10/09 18:08
03/10/09 18:08
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
I can definitely save more than 30 frames. Do you try to save the old bones? As told, this will not work.

In case you already save a workspace animation i would say have a closer look at the Collada export dialogue.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de