Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,209 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: new web stite [Re: Inestical] #255671
03/11/09 20:13
03/11/09 20:13
MokyjeBrute Offline
MokyjeBrute  Offline

it's just some black on white page, nuthin' special!

Re: new web stite [Re: PHeMoX] #255694
03/11/09 22:02
03/11/09 22:02
Texas
not_me Offline OP
User
not_me  Offline OP
User

Texas
Originally Posted By: PHeMoX
What's up with the 'the magazine' content? It looks to me like you have borrowed a flash template or something. wink

Still, the menu transition is something I would keep, that looks cool. The site doesn't really look like one coherent piece when it comes to colors and art though, you might want to think about that as well.

So far so good, keep on it!

actually i got the idea to do my site like this because this is the way i did a presentation for my english class...so i think some of the pages didnt upload...since theyre all external swf files...ill have to look and see why that happened.

Originally Posted By: Inestical
The site is okay, but I really don't like the design. It's combined futuristic with retro and done in Flash, while AJAX or just PHP would've been alot better

im actually currently trying to learn php. its a huge learning experience. the closest ive gotten to anything like php is xml...btw did you look at the control panel? click the power button and it comes up...=)

Last edited by not_me; 03/11/09 22:06.

-Initiate Games
-Level designer

http://www.sckratchmagazine.com
Re: new web stite [Re: not_me] #255846
03/12/09 23:58
03/12/09 23:58
C
christian Offline
christian  Offline
C

Well to be honest your web site is not ready to be seen.
The main menu and the background are fine. The flash effect is ok especially if you plan on showing demo movies.
But frankly the text boxes that pop up are simply horrid. It is not white on black it is white on mud. The text is not formated properly inside the black box. The black box does not center properly inside the brackets. The text and the black box clash with the background. The text font is boring and is too flat.
I appreciate how much work it takes to code a web site and the mechanics of the site seem good, but you need to work on the graphics.

edit: I didn't click on control panel! That looks much nicer. But the one image that you have loaded does not expand enough to be useful, but that might be becouse my resolution is 1680 x1050.

Last edited by christian; 03/13/09 00:03.

A7 com core 2, 2gb ram, geforce 7600
Re: new web stite [Re: christian] #255866
03/13/09 04:30
03/13/09 04:30
Texas
not_me Offline OP
User
not_me  Offline OP
User

Texas
thanks for all of the constructive crit. thats why i do this. I enjoy feed back because it helps me improve upon what i have. and that control panel took alot of work...i'm currently fixing the image expanding ratios...

The future:
i plan to have a user/member login system. it will most likely entail a personalized control panel. Theres lots of possibilities with this cp. It could be a way for me to facilitate whos actually purchased a product eliminaiting product keys entirely. users could buy a product and hve it pop up in thier cp downloads section...recieve news and updates through the cp a messaging system...send messages and chat over cp. i may even add tabs to the cp.(i.e. a media tab/ downloads tab/ updates tab/my profile* tab) possibilities go on.
media will be displayed in the CP(videos screenshots etc). its exciting but its a learning process... php is no joke! and getting it to communicate with mysql and xml and with flash is no joke either

-Initiate Games
-Level designer

http://www.sckratchmagazine.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de