Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
freewhyblogelsewhere
by 9489cpjf. 06/03/24 06:06
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,356 guests, and 9 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19056 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16
Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: Tiles] #256039
03/14/09 08:43
03/14/09 08:43
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
That may be true, I make 25% of my total income off of tutoring people in 3d design, and most of them start of hating blender..... until they start really working with it. out of the people I've tutor'd I've never had anyone switch back off of blender once they figured it out.

As told, the ones that are not comfortable with the UI simply leave. So sure there are just Blender lovers left ...

But doesn't the fact that so much people are in trouble with the current Blender UI tell you that there must something wrong with it?

Last edited by Tiles; 03/14/09 08:46.

trueSpace 7.6, A7 commercial
Free gamegraphics, freewaregames http://www.reinerstilesets.de
Die Community rund um Spiele-Toolkits http://www.clickzone.de
Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: Tiles] #256040
03/14/09 08:55
03/14/09 08:55
ventilator Offline OP
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Quote:
It's one click to switch to splitscreen ...
and then? if you want to customize your layout some more (more splits, change area sizes,...)? that's cumbersome with an application which isn't designed for it.

Quote:
Now they have. Been a while that i have used a splitscreen layout last time ...
max, maya, blender,... had this since their first versions in the nineties.

Quote:
But doesn't the fact that so much people are in trouble with the current Blender UI tell you that there must something wrong with it?
not really. sure there are problems with blender's gui but not really more than in most other applications. in the 3d-animation classes at my university people new to 3d were in a lot of trouble with houdini and maya too. smile i guess blender also is much easier to give up on since no money investment is involved with it.

Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: ventilator] #256042
03/14/09 09:04
Germany
K
KDuke Offline
KDuke  Offline
K

Germany
First off I guess the whole problem in this thread is not where Blender's limits and possibilities are but the way people choose their words.

Originally Posted By: Tiles
Hotkeys are totally cluttered and fixed

Alright! They are indeed fixed. And that you don't like the layout of the hotkeys is completely ok to me. Though I don't know why you fall back to hotkeys. I was talking of the graphical user interface. wink

Menus are totally cluttered and fixed

I think here is the place where the confusion comes in. In my point of view menus are not fixed. As you can see I am able to put the menus everywhere I want them.
Most probably you are actually talking of the small movable registers in themselfs. Within these boxes the gui is indeed not customizable anymore.
But I would like to ask you to be more precise in your statement then.
Otherwise it will lead to confusion and mutual statements which are too inaccurate to be able to meet at a point where everyone is satisfied (even when not thinking the same way, except for fanboys) with the others statements.

Splitscreen? That's 19th century

I want to express here again to be cautious with the words chosen.
This statement is inappropriate as this has nothing to do with modern or old.
It is a way to design a UI.

Maybe you might say something more like "Splitscreen? I prefer windows as they are movable more freely"

And to be on the safe side here. I didn't take your statements because I think you're unable to communicate correctly.
It's more because I have been too lazy to browse back in this thread's pages.
So please don't take this personally ok? wink

Others did make those mistakes as well, including me as I just noticed, reading my own post blush

To sum this whole shit I wrote up:
Everybody please reread your own post before posting it if it might be understood in a completely other way you have intended.

greetings
KDuke

Using A7 Free
Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: ventilator] #256043
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
As told, i tried splitscreen layouts, and was not convinced smile

Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: Tiles] #256044
03/14/09 09:08
03/14/09 09:08
Germany
K
KDuke Offline
KDuke  Offline
K

Germany
PS: Sorry for this long post! Though as I have learned the theories about communications and their pitfalls I just HAD to analyze one of the posts here ^^

greetings
KDuke

Using A7 Free
Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: Tiles] #256045
03/14/09 09:18
03/14/09 09:18
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
You are right. Let's be a bit less emotional. Sorry when i have harmed somebody's feelings smile
Quote:

not really. sure there are problems with blender's gui but not really more than in most other applications.

Hmm, i simply have to disagree here. Too much people who tries Blender give it up very quick. And nearly every novice needs to be convinced first to stay and try again and again. Much more than at other software. Which shows that there must be a bigger problem, not just the standard first user problem. My whole personal experience with the Blender UI is frustration. And it's not that i am brand new to 3D. Anyways, i think we will never reach a consensus at that point. Somebody who is comfortable with Blender may even not longer be able to see the problem. And maybe this problem even disappears with Blender 2.5. We will see wink

Last edited by Tiles; 03/14/09 09:20.

Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: Tiles] #256046
03/14/09 09:22
03/14/09 09:22
ventilator Offline OP
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline OP
Senior Expert

blender gets downloaded several million times a year. i guess this means that it gets tried more than any other 3d-application. of course many people will give up quickly and complain about it loudly.

Quote:
And maybe this problem even disappears with Blender 2.5.
i can't imagine that you will like blender 2.5. smile you have totally different idea about what a gui should be like. maybe because you are spoilt by truespace. smile

Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: ventilator] #256049
03/14/09 10:11
03/14/09 10:11
germany
Tiles Offline
User
Tiles  Offline
User

germany
Quote:
blender gets downloaded several million times a year

It was for a long time the only free 3D alternative. Sure it gets downloaded a lot. And how much stays and works with it then? And how much erases the file quickly ?

Hmm, i use Blender as a converter for some special needs. But i am no Blender "User" ...

Quote:
of course many people will give up quickly and complain about it loudly.

I tried again and again since several years. I have wasted weeks and months to battle with the UI. Is that quickly? smile

Quote:
i can't imagine that you will like blender 2.5. smile you have totally different idea about what a gui should be like. maybe because you are spoilt by truespace. smile

Maybe you will be surprised wink

Well, unbelievable but true, i use more software than trueSpace. I use in fact lots of software. Everybody who makes games does. I am spoiled by the software that does the job. And i am more or less comfortable with them all. Except one. Current Blender UI is the only UI that i really heavily dislike smile

Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: Tiles] #256052
03/14/09 10:35
03/14/09 10:35
ventilator Offline OP
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline OP
Senior Expert

with spoilt i meant "verdorben". don't know if i used that word correctly. smile

it's impossible and i think not even desirable to create a gui which is liked by everyone.

...in your like for freely moveable windows you seem to be in a minority since like i already mentioned a lot of popular software goes for non-overlapping guis now.

Re: News about blender 2.48 and YoFrankie [Re: ventilator] #256053
03/14/09 10:46
03/14/09 10:46
EUROPE
maslone1 Offline
maslone1  Offline

EUROPE
....hmmm i have downlaoded blender yesterday. and today i have created my first model with it. Shure,... its not easy to use, but after 5 ours reading dokumentation on the blender.org website, i have created a model without troubles.

And today i say: I AM A BLENDER-LOVER. (I also have worked with 3dsmax, maya, cinema 4d, truespace (i don't like truespace), and many other....)

A8c, Blender, FlStudio, Unity3d
Page 10 of 16 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 15 16

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de