Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (NnamueN, 1 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
SynView #256407
03/16/09 16:59
03/16/09 16:59
6 Images
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
SynView

Hi there,

there were none to speak of news in the past year of what I do except a7titude & The Lotter Effect but that was mainly caused by several projects I participate on, including Stonewall Penitentiary and my studies.

One project has been finished in its version yesterday, it's called "SynView".

SynView is a visualization application especially designed for displaying syntax trees as they are used and evaluated in the fields of (computational) linguistics and theoretical computer science (e.g. context free grammars used in compiler/software engineering).

SynView is done with the latest A7 version. The application parses LaTeX trees and transforms them into an object orientated datastructure. The visualized tree elements are sprites which are generated during runtime through rendering strings on bitmaps. Though, the sprites are static - rendering all elements dynamically causes a great fps drop. The program runs even with very large trees well on low-spec machines.

The user can zoom and pan the view, switch trees and can click on categories to focus subtrees.

SynView has been developed for a project named "Komparse" which means "comfortable parser" which can be used to parse and tag sentences to finally visualize them with SynView. The project has been supported by the chair of computational linguistics at my university.

Since this is my first "serious" application and no game with Gamestudio, I am little bit afraid how it will be evaluated by my docent and the public (you, especially).

[UPDATE - 16th August '09]
SynView is now publicially available as executable and source. I also did a small promo video in HD!!!

Video: SynView on YouTube
Installer & Source: SynView product page on my portfolio

C&C are welcome!

Best regards,
Christian
Last edited by HeelX; 08/16/09 19:50. Reason: Release & Source Available
20 Comments
Re: SynView [Re: alpha12] #300542
12/03/09 06:50
12/03/09 06:50
H
HeelX Offline OP
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline OP
Senior Expert
H

Huh??

Very strange since VECTOR is a Gamestudio struct... I'll write it on my to-do list, thanks.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de