Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Akow, AndrewAMD), 1,640 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: foxter888] #258678
04/01/09 13:35
04/01/09 13:35
G
Gamesaint762 Offline OP
Gamesaint762  Offline OP
G

Hey Foxter888, Please do not hijack my thread. You can send other members private messages or contact by email. GS out.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: Gamesaint762] #259609
04/06/09 21:35
04/06/09 21:35
G
Gamesaint762 Offline OP
Gamesaint762  Offline OP
G

Still available for work! GS out.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: Gamesaint762] #262227
04/22/09 15:10
04/22/09 15:10
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:
I can recommend gamesaint's work to anyone. He does professional work at a fast pace. His work is beyond what most of us have seen around here.
I originally recommended gamesaint because he requested me to, and he assured me that his work would be top-rate and timely.

Unfortunately I never got the animation he promised because he apparently could not finish it or something else went wrong. Therefore I have to take back my recommendation and apologize for recommending anyone based on their "promise" instead of the actual delivery.

Next time I recommend someone for art work or otherwise, we can be darn sure that they can do what they say they can do.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: NITRO777] #262231
04/22/09 15:21
04/22/09 15:21
G
Gamesaint762 Offline OP
Gamesaint762  Offline OP
G

Funny how you slam me on this forum and not to my face. I am on MSN everyday and you did not ask me anything. I told you that my time is very limited and I will finish the animations for you. Please be paitent, I have a fulltime Job and do freelance work. My drive to work each day is 2 hours one way not mention that I have a 9 month old son who has been very sick because he has asthma. However Im not petty and your little recommendation now matter how great or small doesnt change the fact that I was doing this for free and gave you no timeframe, nor was I given one. I am a professional rigger and animatior who has to work to provide for my 6 children and wife. They come first as does paid work. Sorry you feel like you have been cheated or wronged in some way, that was not my intention. GS out.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: Gamesaint762] #262232
04/22/09 15:32
04/22/09 15:32
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Funny how your story has changed. First you tell me your gonna be done a month ago, then you brag about some other projects you picked up. Then I show you how to get models and animations in the engine. Then you come up with this sob story about your kids and how hard your working as if noone else works hard...

If you were having such a problem with your sick kids, why did you keep trying to pick up contracts even before you were done with mine?

And if my recommendation is so insignificant, why did you ask for me to give it?

Bottom line. Don't tell me you are gonna do something if you can't. Its as simple as that.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: NITRO777] #262267
04/22/09 19:36
04/22/09 19:36
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
not to be offensive or anything, but anytime your getting free work from someone who does it as a profession, you have to consider your work on a back burner, I once in a while will give some of my clients a freebie or two (kinda rarely but sometimes) and i alwasy make sure its clear that if cash starts running low, I need to focus more on any paid work i can get.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: lostclimate] #262269
04/22/09 19:45
04/22/09 19:45
G
Gamesaint762 Offline OP
Gamesaint762  Offline OP
G

Nitro,

Im sorry that I didnt get it to you sooner. I keep my word but we never had a contract and I told you that after I did that one model I would have work comming up. We never had a written contract, thats something you get when you pay for it. Your asking me to drop things for your game project but consider your own children, would you do the same? think of what you wrote to me and the discussions we had. The subjects we discussed... Is this how you react to the storm? Maybe you need to rethink it. Sign on to MSN and lets settle this like real men. Im not mad at you but this bickering is childish and I should have not made it public. Regardless I will get you the model you asked for. GS out.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: Gamesaint762] #262278
04/22/09 21:39
04/22/09 21:39
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Locoweed: I was pretty impressed with your video and game idea. I had a similar idea a few months back, i was wondering if you're actually building the same thing (it'd be very exciting, cause i think it's an AWESOME concept for a game that has NEVER been done before and I can't understand why).. So, here's my concept, tell me if you're doing something like that:

As an example, say it's a 1v1 game... Since we're talking about a MMO game (at least i am), that means, at least 12-22 players will be playing... let's say it's 22.. So..

2 players are the commanders and they're playing an RTS game.. Each commander has 10 human players in his team.. When the commander player builds a soldier from the barracks, a human player can be assigned to that soldier, and he'll be playing him in FPS mode.. He can do as he likes, but when the commander selects that soldier and gives him a command (f.e. right click to go somewhere.. or right click on an enemy unit to attack it), what will happen is, there will be an objective on that FPS player's screen on the top left corner saying: "Primary Objective: Move to Location x=400 y=200 (and a pin point on his mini map), OR, Attack (x) enemy solider or building. If that FPS player follows the objective successfully he'll be awarded with points. These points are worth more than just fragging people left and right. If that player dies, he will wait until there's another available soldier built from the barracks to be assigned to.

And that's pretty much it.. There could be CTF missions, or it could be more of a Commandos game than an RTS game, and the commander player makes up the plan and gives his commands, and the FPS players can control units with unique abilities for each one, like in the Commandos games, or Team Fortress 2.

Anyhow, let me know if that's what you mean by FPS/RTS. I know I won't be making this game any time soon so i'm just excited to hear that someone else is..

Nitro: If you never saw any of gamesaint's work you shouldn't have said things like: "His work is beyond what most of us have seen around here." in the first place.. That's just lying.. If GS asked for a recommendation you should have just said what your experience was with him at the time, like "He looks like a capable fella. I'm very excited about working with him, and appreciate that he'll be making models for my project for free.." or something like that.. Also, even though promising stuff and taking it back is never good and GS should try not to do this, I can definitely relate. I've recently promised to bupaje, who I respect very much, a free tutorial for his site. However, sh*t hit the fan and I couldn't deliver. Bupaje didn't nailed me to the cross for it, instead he was cool saying that whenever I can make that tutorial would be great (and he still kept an ad of IntenseX to his site, even if he got nothing in return). Same goes for all my Intense X customers; time and time again I promise things that I fail to deliver. I'm not proud of that, but that's the life of a developer, always straggling with deadlines. We really want to help and there's no deceipt in mind when we're promising deadlines. But sometimes we can't make good on those promises. I think that since no money was involved in this, you should be understanding instead of turning against gs for failing to meet a deadline on what I can tell was just a favor and not a job.

Anyway, to stay on-topic I'd like to recommend Gamesaint to anyone thinking of hiring him. I've actually seen his work, and me and him go way back and he's a hard working developer with lots of passion for his work. If you want some animation/rigging and even modeling done, he's your guy..

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: LarryLaffer] #262289
04/22/09 22:50
04/22/09 22:50
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Just because it is free should not make much difference though, if he leaves my project to go after money jobs, what is to say that he will not leave a low money job to seek after higher paying job?

If someone here gives him $100, what will happen to your project if someone offers him $1000 later, do you leave the first project? You cannot leave in the middle of it with no explanations, you must finish the job.

Just because I am an indy game devloper with no money does not mean that I am not a serious game developer also. When I make deals with people I expect them to stay true to their word.

In this case he was having trouble with his rig for the "death" animation so I told him to send me the model without the "death" animation. I even told him that if he wanted to back out of the project that it would be fine with me, I repeated that several times but he assured me that he was going to finish it. So in reality I told him again and again that he should just quit this project and do something else but he kept telling me again and again that he would finish it next week, then the next week...before you know it there was a month gone by and he comes back with no explanations except that he wants me to teach him to export models into the engine for another client. So I spend 2 hours teaching him to do it, which is something I wouldnt normally do for free.

Then dont get me started on all the time I spent with him on msn chat hoping that he would just be quiet because I had a lot of work to do myself. Just think, instead of doing all that useless blabbing, he could have finished my animations. Because he talks every TIME we are on msn I have to pretend I am offline.

Quote:
If you never saw any of gamesaint's work you shouldn't have said things like: "His work is beyond what most of us have seen around here." in the first place.. That's just lying.
No Larry, he sent me an .avi and he sent me the walk cycle.

But if you ask me if I would want another animation by him I would say no even if it was free. I dont even really want the one he is working on now. At first he kept insisting that he was glad to make it, but now that I find out that he has a sick kid to take care of I would rather he just keep it and I will never do business with him again.

Quote:
Im sorry that I didnt get it to you sooner. I keep my word but we never had a contract and I told you that after I did that one model I would have work comming up. We never had a written contract, thats something you get when you pay for it
If a man's spoken word is not trustworthy, then his written contract is just as bogus. There have been many people burned on deals with written contracts also.

Quote:
I'm not proud of that, but that's the life of a developer, always straggling with deadlines.
To be honest Larry, you are another one who really needs to be true to your word. Many good software companies out there dont make vain promises, you can tell the difference between bad ones and good ones by their ability to stay true. But this is a different issue than yours anyway. This is not an issue of gamesaint not able to make the deadline, it is an issue of him leaving the project for a better offer and leaving me out to dry just because he could. There is a big difference.

Re: Animator/Rigger Looking for Established Team [Re: NITRO777] #262298
04/23/09 01:41
04/23/09 01:41
G
Gamesaint762 Offline OP
Gamesaint762  Offline OP
G

I made a promise to God, my wife and children long before I met you. My responsibilities as a Man, husband and father come before your game project. Now tell me who I am more concerned with? You and or the people I am bound to take care of no matter what. Im sorry you feel this way but you will get exactly what you are asking for. Btw There was no deadline, no contract and no money. Thats not much of an agreement. The laborer is worthy of his hire and you didnt hire me. Serious game developer? How many published titles do you have? How many games have you worked on? How many people work for you? Is the answer zero? Yeah I think it is. What kind of a man makes light of the fact and or dismisses the fact that one of my children is sick and expects me to forget that and give him a game asset for free? Man you need to smell what your shoveling... MODERATOR CLOSE THIS PLEASE! GS out.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de