Hi,
just wanted to show something I'm working on at the moment for a group of Interaction Design students at my college.

They've designed an interactive installation and I'm now developing the software. This is basically the first time I've attempted to program something in Gamestudio from scratch without just blindly sticking together code snippets from other people. So far it's all working out so I'm pretty happy.

The main idea is to allow endless flying across a static world (meaning it's not randomly generated). Clouds where an important aspect. And eventually music and soundeffects will be faded in and out depending on the height of the player above the world.

Everything you can see in the screenshot and the video is placeholder art. It's a little difficult to see that the world is in fact not just random because I keep using the same tiles.
Just look out for the vertical spiral cloud and the rocks without moss, that;s the center of the map;)

The cloud patterns are very unrealistic at this point in time but I just wanted to test what was possible.

Anyway have a look at it all and let me know what you think. smile

cartoon_baboon

PS.

A list of things that still need attention:
-getting the clouds to adjust their tilt as well so they can keep facing the camera even when viewed from above.
- further smoothing of controls
- optimise performance, atm there are still a lot of clouds that are out of view but aren't being removed, resulting on somewhat slow performance on my ancient computer
- implement sound and music
- create world models and cloud patterns

Last edited by cartoon_baboon; 04/11/09 20:58.