Good evening fellow game devs!

I think about 3 years have passed since I created the last Dragonrise Demo. (Download 3rd Dragonrise Demo - Download Dragonrise Font "Bangle" and paste it into your WINDOWS/Fonts/ Folder) Through the last 2 and a half years I had no time to continue this project and decided to put it aside. But I made some huge improvements right after the last demo, the game system changed quite strong to a combination of action and rpg style game with a nice level system that allows you to develop the character as you wish.

Setting the stats after level up

However I was just able to create the start of the storyline so far, but it is playable in story mode. Further, to show parts of the features already implemented, there is a demo-level called "death maze" where there are some strong(er) enemies, you got nice equippment and some NPCs for saving and buying potions.
I provided 2 savegames to jump into the death maze or after the character creation.

the first boss in story mode... well I'm not the best modeller! ^^

Fighting burnig skulls in death maze with the earth-shaking war hammer

I'm quite sure there are still some bugs in the game, but I have no time for a straight bughunt atm, so I hope they are not too obvious. wink

Here you can rest and save in story mode

Some further information:
- Most enemies have a weakness to a certain weapon, just find out which one it is.
- Some enemies have elementary weaknesses, but I don't know whether one in death maze has one or not... *lol* I should know it?
- Your shield is able to block attacks, but be careful, not every attack can be blocked and you can only block blows in front of you!
- To buy potions you have to have an empty potion of the right size for the potion you want to buy.
- In story mode on the ship in the beginning you've got to talk to every one from left to right, during the flashbacks (past) you answer several questions which define in which way your characters stats develop. Strength VS widsom for example, the total amount is always the same, no matter what you answer.
- In the status Screen (Menu) you see your stats, your experience and the needed experience for the next level.

Default controls (redefineable in the menu):
WASD for moving
Q to shot an arrow (see the number on the avatar if you got some left) or cast a spell (must have equipped a magic staff).
E to open/close the menu
Space (action key) to attack (wait for 100% power, or keep the button pressed to charge your sword-blow), talk to NPCs, activate objects in the menu (if they start blinking you've got to press space another time to confirm)
Shift to run (watch your power bar)
F10 to take a screenshot

I hope I didn't forget something, well otherwise I'll edit.
Thus I hope you enjoy the new demo! smile

Last edited by ShoreVietam; 04/14/09 15:49.

My project Schlacht um Kyoto - Das Samurai Browsergame! (sorry, german only)