Ok, I've been working on this on and off for a few days now and I think I've got it figured.. I've got a cone/semi-sphere falgged transparent with an alpha setting and a colour the same as my fog. Think of it as a kind of transparant mini sky-dome inside the skycube. Works well for when the player is in the fog but doesnt blend with the sky at the top where'd I'd like to give the appearance that the fog is thinned.

I am using this effect to hide the smearing and clipping on the skydome and objects at the edge of the clipping range. On a fairwether day the fog colour and semi-sphere color will be light blue. When the weather turns bad the skydome shifts to a greyish colour the fog turns greyish and I want to scale down the semi-sphere entity so that its closer to the player but fade the aplha density on it from the ground to the sky so that the skydome slowly fades into visibility as you scan from teh horizon upwards to 90degrees.

Is there some way to put a skin on the semi-spher emodel with an alpha layer that gradiently turns the transparancy from 100 to zero?

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Mark McFear Aakrana: The Forgotten Lands "It's your world now!"