Hello again, once more posting another problem I've had and hoping that you guys can help out.

Our game, Kino One, has some random video pause issues. What I mean by that is the video just kind of pauses while the game keeps going. It's not the engine being paused that's a definite, I've tested to make sure that's not it.

The odd thing is that when I change resolutions or go into window mode and come back to full screen while the video is stuck, it fixes itself, but the problem will occur again.

Originally Posted By: The Manual
Script bugs normally will issue an error message rather than producing a crash. A possible exception are buggy shaders that can crash or freeze video drivers under certain circumstances.

According to the manual certain shaders can cause video freezes, which is what my problem is. And here's the curious thing....the problem only occurs on Nvidia Chipsets from the tests that we've done. I'm not sure if Ati has some kind of error correction for shaders or something, but there's no problems on them so far.

Also, I tested each shader to make sure if they could be the problem, but I don't think so. I've removed all but FFP shaders and still got the lock. If need be I can give you all the shaders so that you can see if there is something wrong. Just ask for more info and I'll give as much info as I can, and will provide tests and results.

My question is has this been reported before? Has anyone here had the problem? If so were you able to fix it and how.

- aka Manslayer101