Alright, as usual the problem was somewhere between the chair and the keyboard: me. crazy

Apparently, I did not know how to change the extension of a file in Windows, or to be more precise, to change myProject.EXE into myProject.SCR.

Just in case I am not the last Windows-challenged person to get his hands on Gamestudio, here is the rename procedure:

1) make sure that you can actually SEE the extensions of the files. (e.g. myProject.exe, and not simply myProject).

If you don't, go in the menu of the folder which contains the files of your project, select Tools, Folder Options, then in View, uncheck the checkbox entitled Hide extensions for known file types (which seems to be the default Windows setting). Click on OK.

Now, when you go back to the folder holding the files of your project, you should see myProject.exe, etc.

2) Select the executable of the project you want to turn into a screensaver, select its name, erase the characters "exe" and replace them by "scr". Press ENTER.

3) Now, you should get a warning message saying that you're about to change the file type. Click OK to continue.

4) Now, your file type should have changed from "Application" to "Screen Saver".

5) Now do what EvilSOB said (to handle the resources of the level, the folder where to look for dlls, etc. smile ), and it should work.

Many thanks to EvilSOB for his help and patience, and everybody who participated to this thread.

Thomas