Yeah, I wouldn't want to use the physics engine that comes with the engine. It's just not made for flight. A flight sim physics engine has to be specifically made for the task, if you're going to use one. While it's pretty good to hard code an advanced flight sim, they're getting so complex these days that a good physics engine is unbeatable. I can't wait for Storm of War: Battle of Britain. It's made by the same people who made the revered IL-2: Sturmovik. They're also working on a new WWI sim, which is going to be awesome! <3 I'm I had core flight sim junkie in case you haven't noticed, heheh.

But languages do have limitations. They all have different advantages/disadvantages. The reason I ask is because I haven't really looked into the concept of a true flight sim for Lite-C, and haven't ever seen one. I know it can make a flight GAME fairly easily, but flight SIMS are few and far between, even from large dev companies. I'm sure it can be done, but like any, would take a looonnng time to perfect, especially when your target audience expects you to adhere to the real historical performance of WWII aircraft. If you're P-51 Mustang can just "glide" away from the Focke Wulf 190-D9, you're going to have a LOT of angry customers! laugh There are just so many factors... Altitude, engine temperature, fuel mixture, wind, air pressure, etc, to name a few. Real flight sims aren't for the faint of heart!

Btw, I fixed the "skidding" problem with some help from "EvilSOB". I was applying force incorrectly, and had gravity far too high. My bullet physics have turned out to be a major win imho. They're great, and I've input real life data into the formulas and made it very realistic. I'm still not quite happy with it though. Adjustments are still needed.

Oh... sorry to ramble on so long, lol..

P.S.- If you ever need ideas for anything involving planes, guns, or WWII, I'm the man to ask! wink

Last edited by Jaeger; 05/27/09 10:47.