LOVE:
- It opened to me a world that I never expected to step in before. This happened 1999 with A4.
- I actually reached a level of skills to understand, how this and how an engine in general works, I learned to model, texture and animate, and finally I got the grip how to program, and I am full of good hope to learn more advanced languages as well. I do my own prototypes what is absolutely necessary, because almost nobody understands my concepts without a prototype.
- The manual, the tutorials, the AUMs - I wished they had been so good right from the beginning when I started to use A4.
- The successful projects that showed what is possible with the engine and that gave hope that I finally would be able to do so as well.
- The extraordinary contributions of many forum members - beyond all others: ventilator's exporters and - what a highlight - his second skin/shadow plugin!
- That I met so great and interesting members in this community.
- That I finally met people from the game industry.

HATE:
- The documentation of the old versions were awful, the templates were too complicating and not really useful to extend them and learn by modifying them.
- It lasted 9 years until I understood the last main concepts of the programming in c-script.
- All the projects that were doomed to fail because of unrealistic and exaggerated goals.
- The lack of reliable highly communicated fast collaboration. My lack of skills to assure a leadership that maintains a close collaboration.
- All that fruitless efforts to build up a shader system, which always were too slow to be of use. (Has changed in the last times, though.)
- All this changing level, starting engine, waiting, testing the level, shut down the engine, changing, starting, waiting, testing, shut down - just for building up the visible parts of the game...