Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,529 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! #272240
06/17/09 04:00
06/17/09 04:00
pre_release_released.jpg
Massachusetts, USA
Ichiro Offline OP
User
Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"!

I am mighty proud to announce that we've released a pre-launch demo, and have started taking pre-orders for our upcoming 13th title, AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity.

www.dejobaan.com/aaaaa

We're now (at 11:59 in the evening) working hard to send out various press releases about it. What this means is that we're offering players the opportunity to pre-order for cheaper-than-the-final-game, get 30 levels today, and then the 80-level finished game in Q3. (I should stress that this isn't a sales pitch to you guys -- I just want your opinion of the game. smile ) We invite you to try the demo. Here's a description of the game:

You can't save the whole world. It's going to be eaten by a mythological demon with the head of a puppet. But as a puppet that absorbs all it touches, you can try to rescue as much of Earth's puppets as you can before the end arrives.

In the beginning, you roam the Earth, capable of absorbing only the tiniest of puppets. A glass puppet you collect becomes your puppet, and a pair of puppets becomes your puppet. Small puppets overwhelm you, with puppets kicking you around and golden puppets threatening to stomp you to puppets. But with every puppet you collect, your puppet self grows larger. Eventually, you'll become a towering puppet with puppets for puppet and the ability to absorb entire puppets.

The game takes you through 12 unique puppets, with over a thousand puppets to gather before the puppet comes. Steal some puppets from the puppet store, where gummi puppet swim in a puppet river; visit a puppet library to find that the puppets have literally leapt out of their puppets; and explore the Puppet, where you'll watch a lively end-of-the-puppet parade and then gobble it up before making your way to grab the tallest puppet ever built.
26 Comments
Re: Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! [Re: PHeMoX] #273810
06/24/09 14:15
06/24/09 14:15
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

I'm somehow missing a reply from Ichiro..
No comments?

Re: Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! [Re: Damocles_] #273936
06/25/09 01:28
06/25/09 01:28
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

this game is very cool, i played all the levels, and kinda addicted because i spent something likei 5 hours in a row... trying to score best.. though i cant score 5 starts, its way to hard.

Re: Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! [Re: MMike] #273937
06/25/09 01:30
06/25/09 01:30
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

Oh another thing, ... the parachut thing, its hard to control when opened.. and i dead alot of times because of it, but i guess there could be a better control...

Also some dead collisions triggered when kissing near buildings, with not reason...

Re: Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! [Re: Nardulus] #274342
06/26/09 15:06
06/26/09 15:06
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
gratz, i quote indiegames.com:

Quote:
While it's in no way feasible to write a review off of this unfinished code, it'd still be nice to know whether it's worth forking out $15 for, right? Welcome to my pre-review for Aaaaa! which, in a nutshell, goes as follows: Buy this game.

full pre-review:

http://www.indiegames.com/blog/2009/06/minireview_aaaaa_a_reckless_di.html#more

good job, cant wait for the final version laugh

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! [Re: Helghast] #274645
06/27/09 19:15
06/27/09 19:15
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
Short version: Yes.

Long version: I love this. Most of my already nitpicky complaints are gone now. All thats missing now is the "Replay"-button in the pause-menu (and a nicer pause-menu), and maybe a combosystem for scoringplates, in order to make them more valueable. Maybe a visual cue for hugs should be there as well: Kisses turn the building blue, but there is no such thing for hugs. So maybe make the hud blink yellow when it happens, or whatever.

The menu is a bit difficult at first, but simply by opening a textbox with an explanation (and pictures! Always pictures) the first time you enter it could be explained easily enough. "Connecting" the cubes with a particle line is easily done and might help as well. I like the new way of unlocking stuff, and its definately a good thing you gain "money" by beating levels you already had again. Maybe make it even easier, and give me 1/10th of the amount I would get were it the first time I finished that level (i.e.: In a 1000 teeth/star level that I already finished with four stars, another playthrough with three stars could gain me 300 teeth instead of zero). But those are really not that important balance issues.

Oh, and please make sure the money displayed only shows integers. It shows up as 8200.001 or something for me. smile

I love the music, I love the art style, it seems to be full of nice ideas, it has a great flow to it, and the humor is incredible. Also, I want the soundtrack so I can listen to it. smile

(Also, the Pixie-speech is fantastic. I must have listened to it way too often.)

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! [Re: Error014] #274956
06/29/09 12:13
06/29/09 12:13
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
The menu is a bit difficult at first, but simply by opening a textbox with an explanation (and pictures! Always pictures) the first time you enter it could be explained easily enough.

It sort of made enough sense to me the first time I saw it when it comes to navigating, however I totally didn't think I was unlocking a video at some point instead of a new level.

Perhaps an additional line of text explaining one last time what you're unlocking when the question boxes pop up (yes or no).

So far so great 'n I can't wait.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Announcing the Pre-Launch Launch for "A - Gravity"! [Re: PHeMoX] #275315
07/01/09 00:26
07/01/09 00:26
Massachusetts, USA
Ichiro Offline OP
User
Ichiro  Offline OP
User

Massachusetts, USA
Hi all,

Thanks for giving the pre-release a try and for your feedback. I'm going to share what you've written to the dev team, but I've also distilled what you've all said into the following:

- Improve the cubes menu -- the way to start a level should be more visible.
- (A UI refinement is on its way.)
- Add arrow key or WASD controls to cubes UI.
- Remap controls -- SPACE for parachute?
- Bug: meditation and screen entities do not play well.
- Can subgoals make gameplay more exciting? (E.g. catching moving objects, racetrack, etc.)
- Add to the visceral effect (Some players have suggested dust or more textures.)
- Score plates viewed as low-reward? (Hugs/kisses worth proportionally too high?)
- Metagame: Replay value of maps is too low? (Double? Triple?)
- Lower the cost of videos.
- Gameplay items too expensive? (Or: prohibits advancement after purchase?)
- Improve parachute control (or explain this better to players/allow them to experiment with it -- a parachute-only tutorial level?)
- Bug: money's not in integers. What the heck?
- Difficult to distinguish between different types of objects (videos, maps). Different colors? More text?

I regret that Nardulus and Guardian didn't enjoy the game! I suppose that the bottom line is that it won't be everyone's cup of tea. Not everyone even enjoys tea. I do, but this isn't about me.

More to come. smile

Dejobaan Games - Bringing you quality video games for over 75 years.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de