Hello,

I'm making a simulation of minigolf and I must say that I'm a bit unsatisfied with the current physics engine, ODE, but I understand that you've probably chosen it because of its liberal license. The problems with ODE were:
1) Objects tunneling through walls
2) Objects halting absolutely dead in certain positions, like junctions between blocks visible in WED, and between blocks and map entities

The mentioned problems made our team look for alternative physics engines, and we've decided to use Newton, together with VeT's wrapper. The problem with Newton is it only accepts models/entities for building the collision tree. I think that what the blocks lack in comparison with entities/models is that I can't obtain their x,y,z and rotation to build a rotation matrix and transform them to the world space. Please take a look at this post here:

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=272684#Post272684

and tell me what you think would be the solution and if it's probable to implement this solution in the near future. Right now I must rebuild the all levels built from blocks into levels built from models before our deadline.

Cheers,
Szymon Ender

Last edited by EnjoMitch; 06/19/09 12:35.