Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,394 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: Blink] #275329
07/01/09 01:43
07/01/09 01:43
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
okay thinker, i get the opinion that you havet actually read what i wrote. but if you have, you surely didnt udnerstand what i was saying.

in simple words:
checkbutton was right to close the thread. people need to learn to accept other opinions. i did not not accept otehr opinions, iw as just amazed how low some of them were.

got that?

Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: sPlKe] #275336
07/01/09 02:43
07/01/09 02:43
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline OP
Expert
lostclimate  Offline OP
Expert

Bay City, MI
keep in mind that im not saying that i have an issue with checkbutton, from the few things ive seen him talk about, i dont think bad of him, but other than the very last comment, i dont see something that was all that bad that it required a topic close. Idk, i think its just a difference in discretion.

Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: lostclimate] #275339
07/01/09 03:16
07/01/09 03:16
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:
checkbutton was right to close the thread. people need to learn to accept other opinions. i did not not accept otehr opinions, iw as just amazed how low some of them were.
That's no different to others expressing how low your apparent opinion was, even if that wasn't your real one.

No one said you can't say that (though Damocles may have implied it, as there's a difference between "politically correct" and "correct"). There was no rejection of free speech. They just looked down on the position you were expressing, exactly as you are looking down on the positions they expressed.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: JibbSmart] #275348
07/01/09 04:32
07/01/09 04:32
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
i had no problem with how low their opinion was, i was just amazed. how often do i need to tell you this. also, i still dont get what the lifestyle of my girlfriend had to do with the topic. that was not an opinion that was a downright insult. and excuse me for taking an insult serious...

Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: sPlKe] #275353
07/01/09 05:39
07/01/09 05:39
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:
i had no problem with how low their opinion was, i was just amazed. how often do i need to tell you this. also, i still dont get what the lifestyle of my girlfriend had to do with the topic. that was not an opinion that was a downright insult. and excuse me for taking an insult serious...
True, that girlfriend comment was definitely insulting. Most of the comments, though, were not, and were undeserving of such descriptions as "idiocy", or "slave moral life".

This quote...
Quote:
it shows how far off you people are from the ideals of free speach and democracy, the right for an opinion and the freedom to state said opinion.
... was either not thought out, or blatant hypocrisy. Free speech doesn't mean "What they say is okay", it just means "They can say it if they want". No one violated or rejected your free speech, but somewhere you got the idea that those people are far off from those ideals, and expressed it by doing exactly what they did (apart from an insulting post by alpha strike). "You people" is quite frankly an insult to the community who posted in that thread without being insulting.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: JibbSmart] #275365
07/01/09 06:37
07/01/09 06:37
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
The thread was off right from the beginning and it is hard to see if it was meant to be a joke or not.

Actually kids are a joy, they bring fun and happiness into our lives. People who care for someone (kids or even animals) live statistically longer. I know from my own experience why this is the case: You will lose bad thoughts and negativity in a moment if your kid stands in front of you with all this naivety, asking for help, for an explanation.
It is the best thing that happens to people and probably the only meaning of life.

It is getting harder to understand after puberty. But before this it is easy to see why kids are doing certain things. It is part of their development to understand their own ability, to explore their capabilities. They often struggle with themselves and need our understanding.

The missing respectfulness of many youngsters has a lot of reasons. One of them is our own failure as parents. We have to back up consequent decisions, we have to be a good example. Many of us are not, say this, act the other way, pray this but don't live it. We are often weak and this produces uncertainty.
So, don't blame the kids for this. They want strong examples, want to admire us and follow a strong and good moral.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: Machinery_Frank] #275369
07/01/09 07:22
07/01/09 07:22
A
amy Offline
amy  Offline
A

Well, if it isn't for real (how can I tell?) then you for sure like to play with your "shaved head, aggressive attitude,..." image. So I am amazed that you are amazed about reactions like mine. smile

Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: amy] #275374
07/01/09 07:43
07/01/09 07:43
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
[example]
hey, how funny is my joke? you all belong into trashcan cause you stink!
oh, didnt like it? well it was just a joke you low creature wink
[/example]

Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: amy] #275384
07/01/09 08:46
07/01/09 08:46
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
Originally Posted By: amy
Well, if it isn't for real (how can I tell?) then you for sure like to play with your "shaved head, aggressive attitude,..." image. So I am amazed that you are amazed about reactions like mine. smile

actually your reaction didnt amaze me at all. not anymore, i get that a lot, its okay :9
yeah, i play with my image, simply because image is everything. to people who dont know me, this sounds silly, i know that, but to people who know me understand it, like achaziel, who actually lives in my city (and yes, its MY city :p ) and meets me a few times per month.

also, i know my coments about free speech sounds like hypocrisy but, and thats the point i forgot, it again makes sense if you know me, for i always use blown up relations to prove a point.

its like, when i see three people fighting, i always tell teh story like this:

"was walking down the street. you know the way, alone through the city, its okay, like that. music on and stuff.
so i walk by this bar and there was this huge crowd. i first didnt care what was up but then some idiot flew by me, and i realized there were like 30 people fighting each other, it was a bloody massacre."

if you dont know me, youd say im a simple liar, but the way i talk, with my words, the sound of my voice, the face and everything, people realize that i just exaggerate. people see me and know i am telling a story that has something true in its core. im a story teller. i dont lie, i just make the stories visual. thats what i do. my image, outfit and everything helps me form the stories i tell. and people liek that. they smile, they laugh, they have a good time.

but one cant do this with just written words. at least i cant. im a bad writer. good story teller bad writer. happens. jeph loeb for example. i love ultimatum but the execution is flawed. (although spideys death was brilliant).

in the end, i dont want to make anyone mad. i liek to provike, i like to exaggerate, i like to simply be silly without any harm. some people dont understand that, and thats okay with me, for i dont understand some people aswell. i jsut smile at them, tell a huge story or some mind blowign argument that is blown out of proportion and hope that people understand the true core of the meaning.
and, as ive came tor ealize around here time and time again, they dont...
i probably should change something, but i couldnt care less about if you people like me or not, so i wont...

ps.: lets see if you understood that... probably not...

oh and ello:
i find your example joke funny wink

oh and edit:
im the worlds msot peaceful person. i dotn harm anyone. but, if i had a big red button, id sure as hell press it. i hate humans-.-

Last edited by sPlKe; 07/01/09 08:48.
Re: should mods be able to lock threads just because they dont l [Re: sPlKe] #275400
07/01/09 09:29
07/01/09 09:29
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
I think this debate is enough.

Previous thread was closed for inappropriate content, which sPIKe posted as a humorous attempt, was taken seriously and caused discussion that should never taken place.

Thread locked and I will delete any new threads made to complain the closure of either of these threads. Thank you and have a sunny and fun day smile

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de