I think it is okay to ask this in public.
@ lostclimate:
I understand that it hurt your feelings, that checkbutton closed the thread.
I respect your honest talking about your feelings, experiences and opinions.
And, I think, checkbutton didn't close the thread because of you, but of the very last post which actually was not appropriate anymore. [EDIT: okay, I didn't remember Spike's posts. And, I think that is the right decision.]

For my part, I think there's nothing but children that can show us how complicating and sensitive a soul is. Our own soul, as well.
sometimes, it is extremely difficult to understand why a child does this or that.
The save way is to observe it and to try to understand it while thinking it tries to do something good and appropriate, even if it is acting like a devil. But, this doesn't mean that the child can do anything it likes, it means, that a responsible adult can't do much about it, but keep a dialog of interactions and sort of negotiations with the child.

One exciting point is this: a child is not the master of its will, actually it experiences its own will as something that comes like a storm of feelings that it can't handle.

You said that none can blame his parents for his bad behaviour. Sure, anybody is responsible for his behaviour from a certain age on, but the way their parents (and other adults) treated him still influences his ability to control his own behaviour.

Last edited by Pappenheimer; 06/30/09 23:25. Reason: I read checkbutton's post