I had an unusual experience a few weeks ago. Despite how it might sound no drugs were involved.

I was walking home, past Cypress College in Southern California, and as I passed within 10 feet of a solitary large tree on the corner of the property I saw a jet black silhouette of a man shape (only the shape, no detail) and two bright red eyes like small led lights. It was frozen as if startled and then vanished behind the tree.

It was real enough to make me jump and check behind the tree. It was about 6pm and objects were still clearly visible.

I felt no danger, just surprise.

I was reminded of this two days ago as I walked by the same tree again, at about the same time and felt an unusual feeling. It seemed to be strongest at a particular angle to the tree and as I passed it, the feeling left. I walked back and forth and couldn't explain the difference.

I began musing as I walked (it's a three mile walk from work so I have time to think). There were rail lines recently removed about 15 feet from the tree on one side. This was a passenger line that ran for over 100 years. Could there be some -I don't know, magnetism or or accumulated effect?

Then I thought that since I walk facing traffic, and there are a series of signs and skinny trees, the oncoming car lights flick in and out of visibility causing a strobe like effect at times. Could this have primed my eyes to somehow see something that wasn't there?

Then I wondered if a parallel universe could lie next to this, and if the strobe effect I mentioned could have create an interference pattern of some type (similar to the way moire is produced) allowing me to glimpse some world next to ours that exists in a slightly different wavelength? Could the black man with red eyes be the equivalent of a photo negative of sorts, appearing black only because that was how my eyes interpreted the particular radiation that came through? Did some other guy, in some other place, see a shadowy (or bright) shape and startled wonder what it was?

Ok, chances are my eyes just played tricks on me and suggestibility based on similar conditions triggered the second physical feeling but I figured I'd put it out there since I know there are some science minded types here.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|