Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (degenerate_762), 1,500 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: Xarthor] #279890
07/19/09 20:52
07/19/09 20:52
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
@ mike:
i ask those questions alot...
i also ask why we have pix of jesus and his old father if we may not picture god...
and how is it possible that pre-flood, a whole new race was generated from six people...

@ ran man
yo, those scrolls prove one thign: there was somebody two thousand years ago that was able to write....

same goes for your "proofs" in all points. it proofs that there lived people that were able to write or to tell you something. in other words: it proofs nothing.

you base your whole beliefs in assumptions and hope. nothing of it is real. and i still dont understand why you want to believe anyway?

why do religios people want to be slaves of a god? why dont they want to be free?

cant you jsut cope with the fact that you, your life and everything is insignificant and worthless? because thats what it is.
and please, spare me your "but god says" and "but the bible" crap, because you have NO PROOF that ANYTHING religous is even slightly true.

but i have the proof that if i shoot somebody, he dies because of biology, he falls down because of gravity and i go to jail because of the law. and i know that when i die, i wont go to any hell, because there is no hell.

science has disproven the concept of a soul, i can disprove the concept of an allmighty god and my penis ahs disproven the concept of virgin birth...
case closed...

i just hope that one day all those religios people wake up and see how stupid and idiotic they are...
do you believe everything they tell you?

Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: LarryLaffer] #279905
07/19/09 22:28
07/19/09 22:28
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
@LarryLaffer

Yea i used to believe that this is true or that is true, but i now realise that truth is ALWAYS relative to something, which makes it changeable depending on the perspective that one percieves it.
//
Quantum physics may well be true today, because that is the latest perspective, but as we go on it will probably be overturned and changed to reflect the new knowledge that mankind has grasped.
//
Therefore i do not anymore believe in any absolute truth anymore, EVERYTHING is changeable and does change. But still it is all very interesting and fascinating.
//
What i mean is, don't let quantum physics become your "religon", just take it as knowledge that is not fixed or absolute, and be open to when a change comes, else it will become your religon and we will have the same problems in the future that we have with religonists today.

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: sPlKe] #279906
07/19/09 22:34
07/19/09 22:34
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Originally Posted By: sPlKe
he dies because of biology

He dies because God works in mysterious ways

he falls down because of gravity

He falls down because of Intelligent Falling. Angels are pushing from above.

and i go to jail because of the law.

You go to jail because the Devil got you.. When you were born you were all pure and shit. And look at you now, shooting people..

I just realized, being a Christian in an argument is the easiest thing one can do.. Try it if you want to annoy the shit out of your friends..

@pararealist, there's many differences between science and religion. First of all, I don't do it because of some future reward (eternal life in heaven) but purely from a thirst of knowledge. My beliefs are also not carved in stone (or some ancient book), so I could easily change views if a certain theory is disproven.

However, that thirst of knowledge is what keeps us all going. If we all thought like you do, we wouldn't be doing any progress at all. Part of the process of learning about something is making claims that may or may not be true, and correcting them later. Finally, not all scientific theories turn out to be false. Democritus predicted the atom 2500 years ago and we still go with it. How long do you need to wait for a theory to be disproven before you can believe in it?

Last edited by LarryLaffer; 07/19/09 22:52. Reason: pararealist response

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite