Quote:
But I dont think of hoax. Its just a typical conspiracy pick-the-parts-we-like documentary.

That might be very true, but at the same time it does bring up some interesting arguments.

Quote:
The radiation would not have been enough to cause direct harm.

Why would NASA then try to blow it apart for safe passage? It's clearly harmful.

The documentary's argument was that there would be direct harm because of the hugely intense Van Allen belts of radiation and more importantly lack of sufficient shielding material.

I'm sure the radiation in those belts is a whole lot higher than the people in nuclear plants would ever be subjected to.

Quote:
The other parts is just about the russian mission.
Of course they used some filmsamples in an uneven order.
Noone would have allowed the filmcamera (cockpitshots) inside
the craft right before that important launch. (Gagarin)
They had better things to do. So they just used a testshot before the mission - no point to complain really, proves just
that propaganda films try to have a nice flow.

Yes, but it does make it a whole lot more plausible that if the Russians did that, the Americans could have done so too.

In fact, there's more to that story than just Gagarin would might not have been the first person in space (there's this vague (as in speculation I guess) story of a switch going on previous to launch).

It goes even further in comparing the space programs and how the Russians didn't even bother to go to the moon. Or did they?

Anyways, I must agree with JCL here, it's easy to change one's opinion after having seen such movies with a rather controversial but exciting point of view, but it says little about truth.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software