Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (henrybane), 1,499 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: Hummel] #286255
08/24/09 09:59
08/24/09 09:59
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Originally Posted By: Hummel

"fillmode" is FFP parameter wich allows you to render just the vertices or edges of an object. You can find the lines at the end of the Water.fx file in the render passes.
Its sometimes really usefull for debugging...

I solved it by replacing the line 716
Fillmode=(fill_mode_var);
with
Fillmode=3;
that way I could see some awesome water shader laugh
What I didn't like about it is that looking up from underwater looks a little weird...

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: George] #286261
08/24/09 10:34
08/24/09 10:34
Germany, NRW
T
TheThinker Offline
TheThinker  Offline
T

Germany, NRW
I wish I could vote three times.

1. Wavefield
I like watershader. I love this shader. The mood is great, the coloring is well tuned. But, sometimes the reflections on (specular) some waves looking a bit like plastic, or a big Wackelpudding. But I voted for this project.

2. ACDFSM
Ok, shadwos. Technical, a nice shader. But in such a contest you need to showcase your work properly. And the presentations, sorry, sucks. No own models, no real demo, no real interactivity.

3. RayHairLightSoft
Nice presentation. I like the hair shader. It reminds me of the Oblivion hair shader. Technical and optical a nice work. But, I have only one vote and I simply love watershader.

4. Shadershowcase
Nothing special. In comparison to the other contest project it is not very much. Some, not very beautiful, klicked together scenes with standard shader applied. No own artwork, worse, no nice artwork. There are a lot of better free models outside.
Even the island scene is nothing special. Everyone who owns the com edition could click together such scenes.
Sorry for the harsh critic.

5. Tower on Planet
I realy like procedural created stuf. I like the demo a lot, but I remember a previous version of this with another tower "architecture". It had a nice cave/way from top to the end of the tower. I missed it. If I had a third vote, I would vote for this project.

6. ShadeC
Some realy nice shaders. But the presentations is a bit weak. The interior demo looks relative nice and polished, but the exterior demo looks a bit "klicked together" and uninspirerd.
I competitions to some other projects is can't beat the presentation of the shaderwork. But nevertheless, technical this are some very good shader.

7. Sea VTF
Hm I had some problems, too, but solved the Fillmode problem. After the bad first impression, I saw a realy, realy great watershader. It is not perfect and the Depth effect behaves weierd, but the the color the reflections, the presentation at all is great. If I had 1.5 vote I would vote you.

Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: TheThinker] #286332
08/24/09 18:52
08/24/09 18:52
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
ACDFSM: interesting shadows, but a very ugly presentation. And you really should have asked me for my dll, as I did some fixes which finally allow a pretty good resolution for the sunshadows without any errors... It seems to have some problems close to the shadow casting objects and I am not sure about your bias, it seems quite high? But definatly good work, a nice readme and it seems easy to reuse wink

RayHairLightSoft: looks nice and clean and seems to be some good work, it just misses something to make it more special. It is kinda boring somehow.

Shadershowcase: sorry, but it weather shows a nice scenery nor any interesting effects. But I like the menu and the information panel and so on.

ShadeC: I would have prefered to see some textures and more of the water. Detailed textures most probably also would have hidden the low shadowresoltion and the resulting problems a bit. I like the refraction effects in the outdoordemo and the volumetric light. But the presentation is weak and it is missing somekind of an über-shader to make it really special.

Sea VTF: Very nice water and a nice presentation. Nothing more to say.

Tower on Planet: I love that stuff tongue

Wavefield: some very good looking waves, great lighting, nice details like godrays and those animated, wet stones. Another very special thing about it is that the switch to the underwater effect takes care of the waves... The only things I am missing are some particles and underwatercaustics.

It is very hard to decide what to vote for, but I think I am doing the right choice tongue
I btw enjoyed most of those readmes a lot. Very cool how much information some of you put into them.

Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: Slin] #286337
08/24/09 19:18
08/24/09 19:18
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
I'm kinda sad that I didn't have more votes. I really liked all of them. Some didn't present themselves as well as others, but the shaders themselves are all awesome work.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: Slin] #286339
08/24/09 19:28
08/24/09 19:28
Hummel Offline
Expert
Hummel  Offline
Expert

damn- its seems that there are some problems with the caustics: you can activate them by using the runtime shortcuts -switch the PP-effects to middle with 2+F3 and then to high 2+F2...

Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: Hummel] #286349
08/24/09 21:38
08/24/09 21:38
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
Hello friends,
Sorry for problem. i don't understand why. Exe file works finely on my computer. I was confused for Fillmode's problem. But anyway, thanks for all nice comments. And Hummel, thank you very much for explain of the Fillmode.

Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: Emre] #286842
08/27/09 18:32
08/27/09 18:32
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
The shadows of acdfsm are great but the level is weak.
The seavtf looks a bit strange to me. Maybe the shaders are just exaggerated.
ShadeC is very promising but the indoor shadows are too blocky.
Shadershowcase is nice but needs better artwork and shadows.
The tower (on planet) is impressive but I dont know a good application in a real product for this.
Wavefield looks great. Only the harsh lod of the water destroys the illusion.
I was surprised by rayharilightsoft. It is very well made and offers lots of features I did not see in Gamestudio so far. Very well done Julz! You got my vote. I really did not understand why you dont have more of them.

Many demos have problems when I switch resolution (F5) or when I switch to full-screen. And most of them dont offer wide-screen resolutions. This is annoying and not applicable to real projects.
Sometimes I realized another strange effect: Demos like the wavefield run very fast in a window but are slow in full screen mode.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Summer 2009 contest demos uploaded [Re: Machinery_Frank] #287168
08/30/09 13:27
08/30/09 13:27
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Thanks for the kind words, Frank! And for the vote! There's still more than a week to go, so you never know what'll happen laugh

If you have any issues during the switch to full-screen in my demo, just hit "m" to re-initialise the render targets. This is normally done automatically when it detects a change in screen-resolution, but the transition to full-screen seems to take too long for it to work properly sometimes.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de