Originally Posted By: mperdue
Just out of curiosity where do you guys think the USSR was while the USA was faking this?

True, but you could also look at it from yet another different angle though, as the USA always made it look like it was an actual race. Why didn't the USSR go to the moon when the USA already succeeded? I'm thinking there are a whole bunch of reasons why they didn't.

Quote:
Don't you think they'd have had a field day pointing out the hoax when it happened?

I'm also sure they did check all known data and pictures and examined the 'success'. Guess they figured the USA really did land there indeed, but it's not like it would have any true benefit for them to make the space programs look even closer to impossible. wink

I'm not so sure if it would be all over the state controlled news even if they would have concluded such.

Quote:
Anyone with decent radio equipment could have figured out where the signal was coming from and the Soviets certainly could have proved it if we were relaying the signals from another source as could almost every country with any kind of radio technology at all.

It's perhaps not quite that easy. You can do pretty cool things bouncing signals that would also clearly seem to have 'come from' the moon.

Quote:
Still funny that Holland has a fossilized Tree, and did not noticed it for so long

Yes I agree, but it's also a fossil that hasn't moved it's place in many many years. It's not that crazy to think the moon rock was switched (stolen) years ago, but I think it was Armstrong who not that long ago said something about many 'moon rocks' being fakes. I guess that's why they were investigated in the first place. wink

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software