Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Executing Trades on Next Bar Open
by vicknick. 06/13/24 08:51
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,250 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19059 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Determine your future by thinking #287249
08/30/09 22:50
08/30/09 22:50
Netherlands
Joozey Offline OP
Expert
Joozey  Offline OP
Expert

Netherlands
This theory brought to you entirely by me.

Blurry Particles
Correct me on any false or misunderstood facts. Quantum Physics, I have no clue how they work, and nobody knows how they work exactly, either. But I do know that 'probability' is a famous subject of Quantum Physics. Quantum particles can gain a shape. And they do so after they have been observed. Before that, they're in an unknown state. A particle may be A or B, and before they have been observed, they're both A and B. But as soon as light is cast upon their state, they change to either A or B (while their antiparticle immediately changes to the opposite, no matter the distance between them). Now I was wondering, are we able to change quantum states just by thinking? And using that, changing the future itself?

Sensitive Destiny
You probably have had the feeling sometimes that when you expect something, the opposite happens. And when you decide to expect the other thing instead, with previous statement in mind, something totally different happens. I myself often feel positive about a certain plan I want to execute, but upon executing, it actually turns out quite negative. When I don't really think it's going to turn out well (but execute it anyway), it actually is turning out well in the end. And when I feel positive about the plan, but know it's gonna turn out negative, it's suddenly still turning out positive (I think about such things way more than what's good for me).
Anyhow, I thought this might be because you unconsciously determine your own future path. With your expectations you observe things in a certain way while executing the plan, and with that you change the flow of events. Observing with a positive feeling causes a negative outcome, and observing with a positive feeling but negative expectation causes a positive outcome. Are you still with me?

Know few, change a lot
This applied to daily life; as long as you don't realise what other people know around you, you can let things happen you didn't expect to happen, by observing with certain expectations. But how more likely the event to happen, how less you can change it. Chance that your calculator give 6 by inputting 2+2 while you expect it will be 4 is so unlikely because you simply know it'll become 4. But chances that your train is delayed while you were cycling the legs from your body to not miss the train is far more likely, because you expect it to leave on time. But if you would cycle slow with the thought that the train will be delayed anyway, the train does leave on time (and you're left waiting half an hour). Quite a black and white example, but here's a gray one: When you, after cycling very fast to not miss the train, give up and cycle slowly because you sadly know you wont make it anymore, then suddenly there appears to be another train leaving 10 minutes later, departing at specific hours, coincidentally at your time. Events start to happen you didn't take in account, and I'd say almost 'compensate' the sad and angry mood you got. But like I said, the more likely the event, the less you can change it, simply because there are too many factors that are already determined by you. So the less you realise, the easier you can change your future.

Relative Future
It's interesting to ask what would happen if you expect red grapes to have a discount, while I expect green grapes to have a discount. If we don't know this from eachother, then chances are big green grapes have a discount in your scenario, while in mine the red grapes have. When you do know the expectations of eachother, which grapes then have a discount? Well, then it's still your own observation that'll become real. If you take in mind that I'll probably are right, then chances are high that you'll be right and red grapes have a discount. If you dearly hope you'll be right, then I'll be and green grapes have a discount. And for me? I'll walk my own path and things may be different for me than for you, at every choice one makes. You walk your own future, and while you find yourself in a different future than me, the 'clone you' in my future will deal with the choices observed in my future, despite and unrelated to the choices observed in your future, wherein the 'clone me' deal with those. This is getting quite complicated, but I hope you're following me still! In this theory I state that the future is relative for everyone who observes.

Of course it may be that I'm just getting idiotic ideas in my head, and that my observations simply affect my mood instead of the events happening, but it's still interesting and fun to think about it.
I'll gladly hear your opinions and experiences.

Regards,
Joozey

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: Joozey] #287252
08/31/09 00:24
08/31/09 00:24
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
that was deep. i really want to respond, but i keep going to God and the concept of:
Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

My thoughts are, we are too consumed with what is and what may be, and honestly, all we have to realize, whatever the Lord has planned for us, is all that matters. If we seek Him and the kingdom, we will be fine. truth is, i sleep well at night, not thinking about the small stuff.

Last edited by Blink; 08/31/09 00:27. Reason: i forgot stuff.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: Joozey] #287253
08/31/09 00:49
08/31/09 00:49
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
What do I think?
I think, its simply about the 'two', it is this form of two possibilities, in difference to a form of three or four or more. It is this form of an opposition or double like "head or tail" that produces your narration about echoes of 'action and reaction' within ' expectation and event', 'hope and disappointment', 'fear and release'.
Your mind wants to force a handy 'cause and effect' to get a grip on an event simply by your expectation although the event is absolutely independent from your expectation. It is a psychological result of the 'hope for the best and expect the worst'.

Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: Pappenheimer] #287323
08/31/09 12:05
08/31/09 12:05
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
It's not that always when you expect something, the opposite happens. But if it happens you remember it more likely because it's something special. If everything happens like you expect, there is nothing special about it. Most times you expect something, it happens exactly what you expected, but you don't remember it well because you don't care because it's nothing special.

I think what you meant in your fist paragraph was quantum entanglement, although an antiparticle is something else. Well, it is hard for physicists to create a quantum entanglement in a laboratory, so why should a human brain be able to create enough quantum entanglements to affect more than one atom? It would need more energy than it's worth so evolution wouldn't create such an ability.

Anyway, if a train is late the train must have already been behind before you thought of it. Or, if an other train is leaving ten minutes later, it must be in railway schedule which was made ages earlier, so to "change the future with our brain" we'd have to change the PAST!

We can NOT change the future with our brains. If you do want to believe it, fine, then go to a seminar where the first lesson costs 100€ and, if you want to continue, the second one costs 5000€. There they teach you simple magic tricks and claim it's telepathy and even stupider stuff that is not even a trick ("OMG, I correctly answered half of the yes-no-questions about that person I never met!").

Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: Lukas] #287453
08/31/09 23:20
08/31/09 23:20
Netherlands
Joozey Offline OP
Expert
Joozey  Offline OP
Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
Anyway, if a train is late the train must have already been behind before you thought of it. Or, if an other train is leaving ten minutes later, it must be in railway schedule which was made ages earlier, so to "change the future with our brain" we'd have to change the PAST!

The schedule didn't change, but the train is simply late. I'm not sure how it is with trains in Germany, but in the Netherlands they're late all the time grin. And the train doesn't need to be behind before you thought of it. That's the point of this theory. Everything you hadn't (consciously/unconsciously) interpreted is not yet defined.

Perhaps you're familiar with schrödingers cat? After typing this thread I recalled this experiment again.

Originally Posted By: wikipedia
Schrödinger's Cat: A cat, along with a flask containing a poison, is placed in a sealed box shielded against environmentally induced quantum decoherence. If an internal Geiger counter detects radiation, the flask is shattered, releasing the poison that kills the cat. The Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics implies that after a while, the cat is simultaneously alive and dead. Yet, when we look in the box, we see the cat either alive or dead, not a mixture of alive and dead.

So what determines the cat being alive or dead? Ones expectation of the cat being alive or dead? Or the fact that we look into the box? Or isn't it determined by our observations after all?

This is the superfluous state I'm aiming at.
Indeed I said antiparticle where I meant the quantum entanglement stuff.

Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: Joozey] #287478
09/01/09 01:14
09/01/09 01:14
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

the theory of, the yes is no and the no turns yes, in a cause effect event, also happens to me, but i guess, this is because im with that idea in my mind, and when i say something, i know it will be the reverse that will happen, because my mind is thinking on that, and make is true, so you dont think you are crazy.
I also think that destiny is all about balance, and emotion. Eveything is balanced, if you say no, something must turn yes, to balance nothing. like eveything in the universe, matter, antimatter, hot and cold, yes and no, fast and slow... everything is turning into Caos, which means lost of energy (consumption). And emotions because the emotions actually make the difference. positive emotions leads to positive things. The most strong emotion is LOVe, which i believe is the key to Human survival, in the future. At least that the key to life, and the key God also wanted humans to know, and follow. because everything that does not have love in someway, will lead to destruction.

Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: MMike] #287479
09/01/09 01:19
09/01/09 01:19
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

I also have this mission.. i have to tell you guys, there is good outhere on space, but for human to survive, humans shall love eachother, and believe in strong force that created everything, and our mission is love and believe. Thats the only way someones soul evolve and turns into light.

This is on of the most important (3rd secret of lucia of Fatima) which reveals the enf of the worlds too. and enlightment.

Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: MMike] #290919
09/22/09 12:16
09/22/09 12:16
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
It's definitely a plausible idea, but that means it wouldn't help you even if it could. If you really believe in it, you should try your hardest to disprove it using anything from science to personal experiences.

Scientifically, you got a lot going for you. Most physicists nowadays believe in multiple universes, or rather, they're forced to believe in them so that their field becomes valid(String theory, Quantum theory, Graviton particles, etc).

It's also generally believed that it's human observation that prevents particles from super positioning.

However, there's a difference between observation and thinking. Thinking does nothing to change the particles in any way. In the double-slit experiment, you will always be able to observe the results of a photon super positioning, irregardless of what you're wishing/not wishing the result to be.

Also, don't put too much weight on the Schrödinger's Cat paradox. It's purpose was to show that we still don't get something about quantum physics, not that the cat is both dead and alive before we open the box.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: LarryLaffer] #291121
09/23/09 14:18
09/23/09 14:18
Netherlands
Joozey Offline OP
Expert
Joozey  Offline OP
Expert

Netherlands
I actually don't really believe in it as I'm sceptical and rational of mind, but my "observations" imply it's not entirely impossible. So I've been trying my hardest best to prove it, but it might cost more effort than I can bring up.

Re: Determine your future by thinking [Re: Blink] #291125
09/23/09 14:35
09/23/09 14:35
behind this enternet window
zeusk Offline
zeusk  Offline

behind this enternet window
Originally Posted By: Blink
that was deep. i really want to respond, but i keep going to God and the concept of:
Proverbs 3:5-6 (New International Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.

My thoughts are, we are too consumed with what is and what may be, and honestly, all we have to realize, whatever the Lord has planned for us, is all that matters. If we seek Him and the kingdom, we will be fine. truth is, i sleep well at night, not thinking about the small stuff.

i agree

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite