Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Zorro Beta 2.61: PyTorch
by jcl. 06/10/24 14:42
New FXCM FIX Plugin
by flink. 06/04/24 07:30
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (henrybane, AndrewAMD), 1,248 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19058 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
cubic #295006
10/22/09 14:06
10/22/09 14:06
5 Images
Germany, Passau
AlexDeloy Offline OP
cubic

cubic
(or: What would happen when Tetris and Rubiks Cube meet ?)

This is a little something I had in my head for a long time, now that my exams are over and the semester has begun I found the time to realize this litte casual/experimental puzzle game.

I intentional done it with pictograms only - except the numbers for the score of course - to keep the style minimal.
For this (and experimental) reason there is no written readme, just the tutorial build in in the mainmenu.

You can download the game at http://files.rawsteel.de/cubic/cubic 0.98.rar

I'll also implement online highscores via Amazon SimpleDB later.

Please give me your critics and comments and describe your experiences with the GUI/Menu.

I'm also looking for some ambient/background music, maybe depending on the game situation (like Auditorium or Boomshine did quite well).
But I'm not an audio guy so if someone wants to give it a try, please send me a pm/mail or write in the thread

edit:
fixed a highscore bug and made the background less pale
Last edited by AlexDeloy; 10/25/09 12:35. Reason: version changed
13 Comments
Re: cubic [Re: Cowabanga] #295458
10/25/09 13:47
10/25/09 13:47
Germany, Passau
AlexDeloy Offline OP
AlexDeloy  Offline OP

Germany, Passau
Thanks, error fixed.
I forgot a file in the archive, although the error does only occur at the first start.

Re: cubic [Re: AlexDeloy] #295462
10/25/09 14:19
10/25/09 14:19
Germany
Rackscha Offline
Serious User
Rackscha  Offline
Serious User

Germany
For colorblind people here is a simple solution:
Just put an option into the game that displays signs on every block. For example red blocks have a circle on it, yellow blocks a square. Blue blocks a water drop or something like that. Hexic HD for XB360 uses the same technique for colorblind people wink

Greets
Rackscha

MY Website with news of my projects:
(for example my current
Muliplayer Bomberman,
GenesisPrecompiler for LiteC
and TileMaster, an easy to use Tile editor)
Sparetime-Development

Re: cubic [Re: Rackscha] #307065
01/26/10 21:07
01/26/10 21:07
Germany
Clemens Offline
Clemens  Offline

Germany
Yepp, very nice idea with a comfortable realisation.
Thats the kind of game more 3d gs (hobby) user should create instead of trying to reach the unreachable aim of creating high tech games in concurrence with the top game software developer.
So congratulation - really useful wink

Re: cubic [Re: Clemens] #318500
04/08/10 00:43
04/08/10 00:43
USA
M
Mrsickness07 Offline
Mrsickness07  Offline
M

USA
The concept of the game was definitely interesting. As a game that you could play to kill time, it's pretty neat. However, I don't know if the game would hold up on just the features included for any other type of gaming. As Rackscha stated, you may want to try out Hexic HD, if you've never played it. Adding a feature similar to the Color Bombs could really add a sense of urgency to the gameplay alongside the time limit already in place. Maybe you could also find a way to tie in objectives along with the score, or level progression ( ie. Destroy 5 color bombs to move to next level. Next level contains new mechanic similar to color bombs) if that would help you reach what you want to achieve.

The menu was well done and aesthetically pleasing. It took me a few seconds to realize that the menu rotated left and right, but that may be due to the fact that I was paying more attention to the style of the menu, which was enjoyable.
The overall art direction had a very minimal feel to it, and worked well in my opinion.

I could imagine this game would be released as freeware, as-is. If you were to add more features, such as the Hexic suggestions or other mechanics, this game could EASILY become a small retail release in the puzzle genre.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de