I just lost my net connection for the last couple of hours so I've been doing some tidy up work, getting the state manager to work more effectivly and generally cleaning up my sloppy code laugh

Thanks for the positive feedback from both of you.

@OXY:
Originally Posted By: Oxy
-Concentrate on a working pathfinding for the opponents.
(not just turn and walk)
Else its hard to add this later into the game.

The Ai have two target skills [pointers], a primary and then secondary target which I plan on using for managing paths/nodes while keeping the primary target as the enemy.. To cut a long story short, the Ai should be pretty well setup for path finding, although I am not sure what solution I will use or write something from scratch...

Originally Posted By: Oxy
The opponents must also have a variance in action-states.
like enemies, who attack and run back some distance,
others forming a group and doing a rush-attack.

The enemies and to some extent the players are running through a 'state' manager that I've written. Basically every character has around 40-50 statistics that includes classes and ai behavioural states, so I am pretty confident that I can continue to scope this up as I go.

The icons over the head show the state the Ai is in, pretty basic at the moment, but it should provide a pretty stable base to expand on. Certainly I will want to add 'Run for Cover' and other such behaviour to really breath life into the Ai.

Thanks for the comments both. laugh

So what I am really looking for is comments, suggestions and feedback to really help me decide on the core game mechanics that this title will be built on. I have a high level concept of this game along with the main genre (Sci-Fi RPG) with a potential to expand it to a Diablo level.

The game is currently set up for play using the Xbox 360 controller as well as having support for the keyboard and mouse. The game play really dictates how this will work, for example, if the game should be completely supported by the pad alone, features that require mouse clicks are somewhat redundant.

That said, there is a lot of scope for games, especially RPG'a where a mouse is an absolute requirement.

So I really want to invite discussions about 'How this game would play', this will help me lock down ..ehhem...how it will play! grin

Of course I would love to hear other ideas for the game, UI, styling...its really a bit of a blank canvas at the moment.

Thanks again all, look forward to reading your replies.

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss