I've now made 6 new template parts for corridors with doors in, again these are individual parts and therefore wont be rotated when building dynamic dungeons.

I need to create a set of doorways for the single wall tiles now, which means I will potentially create another 21 parts...

Wow I don't even want to start thinking about truly 3D dungeon building yet, but I know when I come to create the upper and lower level parts this list will expand to massive proportions! grin

@Gumby: I did some thinking about how to make these tiles as smaller parts, seperate walls and interchangable componenets etc. My only potential question here is that maybe I should have seperated the floor from the walls... Still I am also keen on using World Normal maps instead of Tangent maps as the parts have consistant facing, so this will really help the shader give me a very good look.

Thanks for the comments, working out all these parts is really baking my noodle laugh

@Damocles: What to you mean by transitions, I am not sure I fully understand what you mean. You mention that lighting illumination might be off? or am I miss understanding you completely?

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss