Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AemStones, AndrewAMD, gamers, Kingware), 1,679 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Enable post processing for view entities [Re: Grafton] #299958
11/28/09 14:32
11/28/09 14:32
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
I think it would be good if a view entity would just get rendered after the scene and after the postprocessed fullscreenquad.

That would mean that the view entity attached to the view rendering the scene would be completely postprocessed and the one attached to the last postprocessing stages view wouldn´t be post processed. That seems the most logical way to me as I think that a flag wouldn´t really work.

I have no idea how far it is possible to have view and postprocessing at one time.

Edit:
Missed this part of one of jcls posts:
Quote:

They [view entities] are rendered after all the views.

But why are view entites attached to views?
When are panels rendered?
Wouldn´t it then make more sense to sort views, view entities, panels, ... all together by layers and to allow rendering view entities into bmaps the way panels can be rendered into a bmap?
I could then just set the camera layer to 0, the one of my view entity to 1 andthe one of my camera.stage to 2, set the same render targets for camera and the view entity and could postprocess it in camera.stage.
Probably just some stupid, senseless thinking...

Re: Enable post processing for view entities [Re: Slin] #299961
11/28/09 14:48
11/28/09 14:48
Spirit Offline

Spirit  Offline

As far as I understand it works this way:

First, all views are rendered, including all postprocessing.

Then, view entities and panels are rendered, so they both appear above the postprocessed views but show no postprocessing themselves. I see my flare sprites over your Shade-C HDR effect but the flares dont contribute to the HDR effect itself.

View entities can probably be attached to a view only for rendering them with a certain aspect and arc, and also for rendering them into the target bitmap of that view. That was that thing that Grafton had his problem with.

You can see the rendering order when you check the layers. View entities appear above panels when they have a higher layer, this would not be possible when they were rendered before postprocessing. But views appear always below panels and view entities.

Re: Enable post processing for view entities [Re: Spirit] #300136
11/30/09 07:14
11/30/09 07:14
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
To come to a conclusion of this lenghty thread: There were two problems, view entities not being visible, and view entities not being subject to postprocessing. I hope we can now agree that the first one was just a script problem, but the second one is real.

The reason is that view entities were originally not meant to be part of the scene, they were meant as 3D panel elements. Thus they are not rendered together with the scene, but together with panels.

I'll check if I can change that in some way for postprocessing view entities. But in the mean time, you can easily use level entities for that purpose. Most other engines have no "view entities" anyway and nevertheless support guns, flares, etc. They just use a vec_for_screen function for placing an entity at a screen position. You can easily do the same when you want guns or flares to be subject to postprocessing.

I'm even willing to do that for you - donate some cool sun flare sprites to the community and I'll donate a script that renders them as light or sun flares, including postprocessing. Do we have a deal? laugh

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de