hey, sorry its been such a long time.

I have been working on the lite-c Iridium engine and am almost ready to post a few tools for everyone to test.

I'm also working on a website for Iridium.

After many months I have prepared a rendering engine that is both visually stunning and high performance. I have made many comprimises and the result is an outstanding and unique engine that feels similar to Valve's Source engine and Crytek's Cryengine3. Iridium now employs a patented light portal system to provide high quality static global illumination (similar to lightmapping in WED) that is applied to objects on a per-pixel basis - it runs on any computer with pixel shader support and has the advantage over lightmapping that it does not depend on how many entities are on the scene. It also works well on large models where certain parts of the said model recieve different pre-computed light values.

In addition. I have perfected an SSAO process that uses depth peeling to maximize quality and speed - it creates correct occlusion at every single possible situation and is quite fast.

In addition, objects receive per-pixel reflections via light portals - the result is a highly global specular feel that looks as good as ray tracing in many cases and runs on almost every machine very quickly.

I am still working on a dynamic lighting system, however, this is the easiest part.

I will upload the light portal compiler this weekend along with some documentation.

-Mike-

http://www.groundtacticsgame.com/
Alienware m17x R Custom laptop
specs:
Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad CPU Q9300
2x Nvidia 280GTX 2GB vram
6GB ddr3 memory@ 1333Mhz
512GB SSD
1200p 17' screen
runs Crysis Warhead on max settings at 1200p at 90 fps