Quote:
The star sea, when broken in pieces, they give another being equal to the initial, which they move and live again, and now what? where they got that soul from..? weird isn't it? Thats why i think soul is like a weird thing I just can't say if exists or not
That's an interesting question. I've wondered something along those lines -- apparently an earthworm can survive once it has been cut in half -- both halves live on separately. When do they become different earthworms?? This is probably why the concept of a "soul" is often connected with a belief in a higher power or a supernatural element -- something higher than the physical world, perhaps with one who has authority to create and distribute such "souls" as He/She/It wills. Apparently in history some have described certain body parts as housing the soul.

The Bible describes us as having dominion over the Earth and its animals, and having a unique breath of life. Thus many Christians (as well as Jews, and I think Muslims, who have similar origins) believe animals (like seastars and so on) don't have souls -- really just organic machines.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!