Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Akow, 1 invisible), 1,417 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
AemStones, LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv
19055 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: SirCamaris] #306050
01/19/10 10:33
01/19/10 10:33
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
Superku: from what I understand, what you're showing is "flipping" gravity. Which is a great gameplay idea, but I don't see the "time traveling" part in it?

SirCamaris: For images etc, use www.picfront.org to upload the image, then post the link (or thumbnail link) that you get here in this thread.

@ Blink, Puzzle idea: You need to get a key that is below a very heavy object. Problem is: you can't lift the object and at the same time snatch the key. Solution: You place a "checkpoint" (enter key?) in time, then walk towards the crate and lift the heavy object. Then you wait as long as you'll need to get the key. Then you press the "go to checkpoint" key (space?) which rewinds the time to the part where (and when grin ) you placed the checkpoint. Now, you see your old self start walking from there to the object and lifting it. At the same time you can go to the key and get it to open the door, while your old self is lifting the object for you.
Could be expanded to pretty much anything where you need help from someone else (opening a heavy door, lifting something that you can only lift if there's more than one person, throwing and catching some object).
At some point, when the player has gotten to a higher level, we could add the ability to switch between the characters (because in the end, who cares which version of yourself saves the day). Example:
A catapult is used to throw some breakable object. You need yourself to catch it, otherwise it breaks. But you also need yourself to launch the object with the catapult. So character version 1 sets a checkpoint and then goes to stand where the catapult will fire. then he returns to the checkpoint and version 2 walks to the catapult to fire it. version 1 catches the object, player hits F2 to bring up a screen with 2 character-avatars on it, he clicks on the first one and now he plays version 1 again, who holds the object and then walks to where the object is needed.

You could even sacrifice versions of yourself tongue... though that might get a little too complex for a casual game grin.

Still, even if all this sounds complex: if setup right (and we certainly have enough coders for it) it should be no problem, but make room for many puzzle-ideas.

Sorry, long post... O.o

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Germanunkol] #306052
01/19/10 10:40
01/19/10 10:40
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
This sounds familiar. Braid? wink

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Pappenheimer] #306065
01/19/10 13:13
01/19/10 13:13
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@SirCamaris
You can use Servimg (http://www.servimg.com) for pictures or PicFront (http://www.picfront.org) as Germanunkol suggested for pictures/rar/zips. If you have files up to 600mb you can use Filefront (http://www.filefront.com).
If your posting game design document you should post it in doc/pdf format, and if your posting game idea use simple reply.
George made 20.01.2010 to be the deadline for GDDs/GIs posting.

...to be honest I'm not sure what happens after the deadline. Maybe George will choose one project or make the project choosing to be public or make some sort of compilation-project from posted GDDs and Gis. We'll see.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Ganderoleg] #306115
01/19/10 21:19
01/19/10 21:19
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
@Germanunkol: thats brilliant, i would love to see something like that in a game, what a great idea, thanks! i am really trying to not get overly anxious about my project idea, the voting isnt done yet, and i might not win, but the possibilities are endless! sacrificing a version of yourself, thats awesome!

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Blink] #306116
01/19/10 21:21
01/19/10 21:21
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
if i dont win, i might have to try and make this game myself after we finish the team project!

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."
Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Ganderoleg] #306142
01/20/10 01:51
01/20/10 01:51
NJ
S
SirCamaris Offline
SirCamaris  Offline
S

NJ
Thank you Ganderoleg and Germanunkol. I was only able to upload pictures with picfront, so I wound up posting my files on angelfire. Here is a link to my website. The zip file containing the demo is only 3 Mb but doesn't download perfectly the first time. It may take several tries for it to download fully (I don't know why this is, but it's annoying).Make sure that it says that 3 Mb have been transferred. Thanks again for your support. Sir Camaris DungeonSouls

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: SirCamaris] #306157
01/20/10 07:37
01/20/10 07:37
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
I won't pick the best project; the entire community will vote - this will allow us to see what's interesting for a larger number of gamers. The team members will pick their favorites afterwards. If, for some reason, one of the projects won't prove to be too good at the prototype stage, we'll switch to the second one on the list, and so on.

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: George] #306181
01/20/10 11:38
01/20/10 11:38
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
thats a good idea, George. will the voting start today then?

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: Blink] #306183
01/20/10 11:52
01/20/10 11:52
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Tomorrow.

Re: Let's team up - team members please post your info here [Re: George] #306226
01/20/10 15:58
01/20/10 15:58
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
@George
Sorry for being a bore but I was thinking about it and I can't get it blush
After the community has voted, team members will vote for the same projects as the community or will they vote between, let's say, two-three projects that got the highest number of votes by the community?
...and just one more question: how long will the voting last? Because I had some plans that I can skip if voting lasts only one day, or not if voting time is two-three days or more.

@SirCamaris
I downloaded Dungeon Souls pdf & demo and it's very nice idea. I'm just not so sure what you mean when you say seamless texturing? Equal spacing seems o.k. but do you think that the corridors should also have same design from segment to segment? That could be a bit confusing.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de