Originally Posted By: JulzMighty
Quote:
You're whole idea of me evangelizing atheism is pure bs
Actually it makes sense, since your first two posts had very little stimulus to bring up the absurdity you see in the very idea of the Christian God being God. You even went so far as to address Joozey's neutral agnosticism with "You're obviously wrong"... I understand this was said somewhat in jest, and was not intended to be aggressive, but it still shows your underlying desire to turn this thread into an anti-religion discussion

You're twisting my words again. I never said Joozey was wrong in being agnostic. I've already explained how I meant what was said. To be honest, it's pretty pathetic you're even bringing it up again.

Quote:
What does that mean -- "stick to the literal texts"? One of your translations was basically "this is not literal", and another acknowledged the clear meaning but ignored the obvious implications of this.

Not in my opinion, but regardless, you're obviously blind to how you do the very same thing. Again, my point wasn't about how I think my interpretation is more accurate at all, it's how people stretch words as if it says 'a soul is ....', when it really doesn't say that at all, no matter how you interpret the texts.

Quote:
Your continued belief that my understanding of the Bible is spoon-fed from someone else is not helping this discussion anywhere. Unless you can allow me some credit for what I say, this discussion isn't going to go anywhere.

I think you're in denial here. wink Besides, if you believe in your understanding of the Bible as being solely your own, and what people would get spoon-fed is the very same thing, I don't see why me saying something about it would really matter here anyway.

The fact that you believe in a concept of a 'soul' in the Greek sense, for which there's no real indication in the Bible, is proof for you just following modern dogma. I'm not saying it's wrong or bad to believe in this, but if you claim your motivation has been an objective biblical one, then you are very wrong in that belief.

As far as the actual content of the Bible, I think any modern day interpretation will be a stretch from the truth anyway, as it should be seen in context of that ancient time.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software