To machinery_Frank - we would be delighted for Dexsoft to provide art for our engine and we can work out an agreement in private.

To Slin - I am sorry you are upset. But, we have actually spent hundreds of hours developing and researching technology for Iridium.

The reason why we kept on scrapping our versions was because we never achieved the performance we demanded. Eventually we decided this was not on our part, but from the fact that we were basically trying to "write a second engine inside of gamestudio." For example, we wrote our own code for rendering using the lowest level lite-c possible. We had our own classes and structs imported and using dlls. By the time we finished it was just too wasteful to have the gamestudio functions (which we made obsolete) running.

An example of this is the "FireFly lighting demo" which became our framework for the entire lighting system. Gamestudio was simply not designed to run in a deferred manor and, as many complained, the original fps was simply too slow for what was being rendered. This was also a problem with the "floating villa" demo (let alone my poor judgment in tuning the functions at the time).

Gamestudio isn't bad at all - it is just not the right platform for what we are trying to achieve. I would still recommenced Gamestudio to anyone interested in learning or beginning game programming.

-Mike-

http://www.groundtacticsgame.com/
Alienware m17x R Custom laptop
specs:
Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad CPU Q9300
2x Nvidia 280GTX 2GB vram
6GB ddr3 memory@ 1333Mhz
512GB SSD
1200p 17' screen
runs Crysis Warhead on max settings at 1200p at 90 fps