This is project post for the Book of the Kings roleplaying game.(NOTE; for updated information check this thread's replies)

Concept in short:
The aim is to mix both The Elder scrolls III:Morrowind and Diablo with the result of good atmosphere, nice story and hectic gameplay. Also battle system are more magic based than normal "click attack and forget" type of things.

Story in short:
I try to play around with concept another realities and mix this with something called stargate ( ever heard of it) but more of this later on.

How big this'll be:
Big or average, when I did the first zone (which you can download with Alpha RC package) and its terrain I was amazed how big the terrain started to look when I did more and more details. But this'll be done! I won't just quit after 3 rewrites.

Do I hire people:
No I don't hire people do this, yet. I'm planning to get Alpha done (note, the package you can download from this post is only a Release Canditate). When every tool is there and basicly content is only thing that remains I start hiring people.

Please by all means critize
NOTE:The book of the kings start of development -video is OLD OVER 12 MONTHS. just to make it sure that's not the game we're talking about here.
Screenshots
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9704/problempic.jpg
My youtube channel
Click this link

Information about Alpha RC
Click to reveal..

This is a Alpha Release Canditate
This package linked here (in this Gamestudio forum thread) is Freeware, you can modify it , share it and/or use as you wish

What you can do with this;
-Mostly the models are mine, you can use them as you wish. However there are few models and textures I haven't done so you should check if you can use them in your game or not (Though everything is free for non-commercial use)
-As a freeware you can do anything with this package
-Or just test the game frame, it's playable allthough it's in state "Hey I'm the designer and you don't have to know what this button does!"

Some things how I've approached coding:
-Zoning similiar to the TES:Morrowind (see struct_functions for details)
-Easier modding; spawns are divided to text files in order for
ease to access modding
-I'm also planning module system similiar to the one with Mount&Blade

How to play:
WASD -move
Shift + W -Run (Warning, it's fast)
LMB -Attack (note in inventory LEFT WEAPON slot from YOU is the actual weapon slot)
RMB -Block
RMB + LMB -Change camera height
Mouse move -Change player orientation
Mouse wheel -Change camera distance
1-9 -Use spellbar slot (cast spell)
f1 -Toggle inventory (NOTE:Pauses game)
f2 -Toggle stat menu
f3 -Toggle questbook
f12 -Open debugger
f -Interract

Download
The Book of the Kings Alpha RC (WebNG)
The Book of the Kings Alpha RC (Filefront)

Last edited by Walori; 03/24/10 04:38.