Ultimately, what this boils down to is personal belief. Depending upon what you believe, you may have a completely different world view from someone else, and a completely different perspective on truth. This doesn't mean you are right about your perceptions of the world.

Here's something interesting we should think about. One can only understand something in comparison to something else. If there is nothing to base understanding on, there is no understanding at all. For example, a blind man is always "seeing" the color black. However, he does not know it, and he doesn't know what "black" is, because he can't compare it to any other color. If he could see two colors, black and blue, then he could understand them both, but ONLY in relation to each other.

Our human perceptions of truth work the same way. We can only understand truth through our world view. We obtain a world view through faith. Everyone has faith, or belief, in something. For example, most people believe that the universe really exists. We are not able to prove this "fact", but we believe it nonetheless. Through this fact, we are able to derive other information: the sciences and laws of our universe. We are able to understand this universe and the world we live in, but only through faith.

Of course, the human mind wanders. We wonder that, if we do exist, where did we come from? Some people believe that the universe is an eternal entity, and ultimately we were never created. They believe we have always existed. Others believe that the universe is a finite entity. At some time, it didn't exist, and then it did. Eventually, they believe, we will go away. This opens up another question, where are we headed, but we will get to that later.

So, back to the original question: where did we come from? Well, that is a question that can only be answered through more conjecture. Some believe that we came from nothing. They believe that there was a massive explosion many billions of years ago that spawned the universe as we know it. Others believe that the universe was created through divine being(s).

Now, if we believe that the universe was created through a divine being, then we can learn this fact:

-We are totally accountable to our creator(s) for our actions.

Well, what does this tell us? It tells us that truth is whatever this being tells us it is. If we don't do it, then we must face judgment.

Notice that EVERYTHING we have learned has been totally grounded on unprovable facts. These unprovable facts have a name: they are known as postulates. And they are completely necessary to understanding the universe.

Now, my opinion:

I believe that between 6,000-10,000 years ago, God created the heavens and the earth. I believe that man sinned against this God when he disobeyed him. I believe that we deserved eternal punishment, but through His amazing grace, we were saved from His eternal wrath.

I believe that truth can only be found in the complete word of the living God, the Bible.

You don't have to believe this, but I do.

"I do not hide your righteousness in my heart; I speak of your faithfulness and salvation. I do not conceal your love and your truth from the great assembly." Psalm 40:10

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!