@Frank: What is so surprising about liberate muslims? That is most likely the norm. But what about the non-extremistic minorities that still feel attacked?

Originally Posted By: Joozey
In my opinion, while the latter idea sounds like it would work better, in reality it is not. The hatred towards us within Islamic extremists is so big, they'll take any chance to declare war to us, whether that be drawings or any other reason. It's all the same for them: a reason to tear us down.

You're absolutely right. Both "methods", i.e. doing cartoons or doing no cartoons, won't work in terms of succeeding to open the extremists eyes, turning their rifles into flowers or convincing anybody about anything.

But, and that is the most important point for me, by doing cartoons we create the chance that some peaceful men will feel provoked and will maybe get a more extreme point of view than they had before. Maybe they will just feel insulted. That's the better option in this case. So the second method is not better, but does less harm. And that is an attribute of quality in my opinion.

The question if this day is doing harm is already answered. Not by any user around here, but by facts. Pakistan blocked facebook, i.e. resignation happened. You can't say that this is a success story...

@Michael: This has got nothing to do with friendship. We are exchanging opinions here and that is a good thing. Exchanging opinions means thinking, sharing thoughts and to get a broader point of view. I still like you as much as before. I think you're a nice guy, even if I don't know you personally.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...