As there seems to be more and more anger in discssion let me share my point of view (about all this christian / islam thing)

In christianity you have ten commandments and one of the commandets goes like this: "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God" And later: "You shall not murder". And if I remember correctly ( haven't looked to the big book for ages) there was a comment for not drawing a picture of thy god. Now let's compare that to islam, and hey the rules are pretty much the same!So in the end both muslims and christians should respect God over everything?

And no it's not like that today. Shout if you're a christian and you've broken the 2nd commandment (in lutheric bible style). I know that I have. Have I drawn a picture of a god? No not yet. But few have allready (for an example watch family guy). And most of the people have shouted god's name. (Oh my god!... anyone?)

To say the real thing after briefing (Note, this is based on my assumption as a christian and I've never read quaran as I feel I'm not allowed to look in it as a "false religious" person)

We who live under western culture have aparted from our roots. We've come more and more materialized in the past century (compare 19th and 20th century's end). More and more people turn to atheism and ignore that there could be higher power. In short, we respect religion less than we used to. Now in islam (as far as I understand) this is not the case. A muslims respects god, Muhammed as a founder of a religion and other profets (including that woodwork guy), and other religions. But as they respect it more than we do (we== west) we don't understand their angry towards our actions to draw pictures of their respected things, which in their religion are forbidden.

Please read that few times at this point. I've never written this much here.

About this radical thing. We've feed them. We do every day as we want more and more. When people that first tolerated other religions get to middle of the war where seems to be no sence a radical movement strikes. And when there starts to be more and more casualties on amongst the civilians the hatred grows (even when radicals bomb their own people the hatred grows... As radicals can do this: "THEY CAME HERE AND BROUGHT THIS ON YOU!",effective isn't it in right conditions?) Now DO NOT take this as I understand them. They are scum, killin innocent people is not an act of war. People had a right to choose when Al'Qaeda recruiters step on their doors,at least I hope so. There they dropped the forgivness part from quaran and started to read quaran with the method: "You see what you want to see".

So giving and arguments how that did what and who did what is pointless. When people would just respect others (even when they had made a mistake, others would respect the person if he/she would ask for their forgivness) and forgive for those who ask for it.

Isn't that one idea of both, bible and quaran?

Regards
PPS: the purpose for this was to make people think a bit more, I'm more than happy to answer to arguments against this post.

Last edited by Walori; 05/20/10 18:45.