Quote:

Does this work with dynamic lights(according to the link it can only be used with them..at least in that engine)? Can the projected texture move around? Say I have a grate and a torch is on one side and projecting a grate shadow texture on the wall. Can I make the projector texture flicker/strobe like it's being affected by the torch?

it has nothing to do with dynamic lights or any other light in my example.. its a perpixel effect.. you make an object that acts as the projector.. in my example so far i dont think you can move the light around really.. because the projection matrix is set up at the begining of the game. To do it dynamically you would need to generate a projector view matrix every frame.. can be done but i cant get it work yet. However.. you can certainly add flickering lights by jiggling with mtl skills.. i haven't done this yet but should be possible without much trouble.. maybe i will take a look at it

however.. this projection shader is really meant to be used along with per-pixel lighting.. that way you can blend the two.. and then you can move the per pixel light around "behind" the projector and it will ac as a light mask.. i have all the relevant code work done in my project for this and more. I've gone beyond my old diffspec shader and have implemented single pass ps 1.4 lights with cube normalization.. maybe i will post this stuff when i have time.