O.k. thanx.

..so that's why that atioglxx.dll file didn't work, my mistake.

Anyway, I decided to patch this problem fast so I uninstalled new drivers from August 2010 & installed older drivers from April 2010. Now everything is in prefect order. There are also available drivers from May, June & July but I didn't try those yet.

I didn't consider this to be a bug but this problem was/is only Game Studio related, actually only WED related. There were no other problems/faults that would suggest overheating of the 3D card, weak power supply or a memory fault. All my other programs & games were working with optimal performance, from Crysis to Jedi Outcast.

I don't want this to sound like a critic, but I must admit that I find to be normal to look for solutions that involve Game Studio on the forums, not on the Internet.

Unfortunately I didn't solve this problem with drivers downgrade but, let's say, I delayed it for a while. I will wait for new drivers & see if problem goes away by it's self.

Since I'm not experiencing any troubles now that I installed older drivers I am not in the position to find out more about this problem but here is what I come to until now:

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
PROBLEM:

Freeze’s are happening only with...
gxl2basdx9a.dll
gxl2basdx9b.dll
gxl2basdx9.dll
gxl2dx8a.dll

...and not with...
gxl2bas32.dll
gxlbase32.dll
gxlBase.dll

Freeze’s are happening only when manipulating the scene in the WED's 3D window under these conditions:

1.When larger group is being selected (everything is o.k. if nothing or single block/object is selected)
2.When option: View->Textured(F7) is active (it doesn't happen when Solid or Wire Frame is active)

My conclusion:

There are some incompatibilities with ATI Radeon HD 5700 8.10 (on AMD, 64-bit system & win7) drivers and the method in which textures are displayed in the WED's 3D window (while multiple objects/blocks are being selected with View->Textured mode activated & under gxl2basdx9/9a/9b/gxl2dx8a).
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Sounds strange but there it is.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<