But i can see a lot of abuse in that system too, for collecting data and even your personal emotions, secrets, etc.

And i mean what if someone is getting too addictive to that virtual person. If there is someone who has no friends in real life cause he is hard to get along with or something, and he/she finds that this avatar is superior to his/her real life contacts, he or she might completely get sealed off the society. I don't know if it's a good thing, if a virtual friend is better than having no friend.

A dog is a bit different, a dog might not be able to talk to you, but they do react to your feelings and you can actually "touch" them, which is quite important for contact.

From a gamers perspective, i don't know if i will like this personalized stuff either. If i really start a new mario game and he is greeting me and stuff, it somehow looses it's nostalgic, doesn't it? I mean who doesn't know "It's'a me, maario!" as gamer.
And how can the same character fit into different genres? Which leads me to a more game designer perspective, do i really want a "global" character to be my protagonist?

I don't think they can change their habbit/character (psychologic) for everry game, that would make them non-believeable. They need to have a specific character, that fits yours, so you can become friends. But this same character can't play in a NBA game AND in a God of War, or Zelda game. It wouldn't fit. What about fictional chars like Kirby, Sonic, etc.
And i wouldn't want to design my games to have this universal character in it, i want to have a unique character.

So yeah, we will see. It might be possible one day that we have a global save file for a lot of games, but dunno if that is going to replace our old/normal games.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig