Originally Posted By: sPlKe
so you want do do wave race with powerboats, with A7, free stuff that pushes it to the limits and some guys are STILL believing this will actually happen?

So are you suggesting that GREAT graphics cant be attained with this engine and free stuff[shaders, sound, scripts] ?

note he did say that he had a friend doing models, until we see what his friend can do, who knows, besides when i started i had an artist too and he wasnt particularly the greatest but as time and the project went by, his skills became great, finishing a model a day sometimes even without lack of quality

so please state if youre saying HE cant push the engine using free stuff or youre saying that this engine CANT create amazing scenery using free stuff, note the keyword being "free"

@Gorilla123: i know you can do this just make sure you DO NOT focus on graphics first, use some boxes and placeholders, focus on what makes a game fun, your focus should be the CAMERA and vehicle control... personally i'd use the physics engine [ode/physX] to control the boats but not everyone can handle doing that i guess.. this project doesnt sound that huge, so i think you can pull it off.

just dont focus on shaders, doing effects are fine though, get the basic ones up, create the game using placeholders and get the boat control to atleast LOOK like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RITHC8DWqxg

i've noticed a few boating video games from 3dgs and lets be honest, they were bad, one guy chose to not take advice and say that he had it covered though it was obvious his game sucked, so if your response is anything like that then .. good luck laugh

BTW dont mind the negative critics, this forum has more than enough reasons to talk you down because we've seen these 'dream projects' before, however be happy because atleast now you should be motivated to prove us wrong and you need negative critics so you can know what to fix

i'm not saying you will or wont make it but i think you should start working, show updates and the community will guide you along the way, talking about pushing A7 will only make us look down on you if the first video/screenshot we see from you doesnt actually "push A7" wink

i WOULD suggest some water shaders but i dont support you even looking into shaders yet laugh

goodluck