Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (NnamueN, 1 invisible), 1,489 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19054 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: 3run] #357101
02/05/11 15:25
02/05/11 15:25
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
I didnt like it at first but i dont really play first person shooters for their sense of "depth" at all, I play them to compete with other players at a fairly fast paced tactics/dexterity game. I could care less about the solo play. Thats why people liked the nazi-zombies game so much in COD:WAW that they needed it in black ops too; Because its all about your dexterity/planning the best way to kill the zombies. (the storylines in them are all crap.)

\
EDIT: Although I saw this just before I got on here, thought it was hilarious.

Last edited by lostclimate; 02/05/11 15:34.
Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: lostclimate] #357103
02/05/11 15:34
02/05/11 15:34
Finland
Inestical Offline
Rabbit Developer
Inestical  Offline
Rabbit Developer

Finland
SO REAL.

"Yesterday was once today's tomorrow."
Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: Inestical] #357126
02/05/11 17:27
02/05/11 17:27
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Watched it before - medium funny.

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: FBL] #357162
02/05/11 21:28
02/05/11 21:28
Magdeburg
F
FlorianP Offline
Serious User
FlorianP  Offline
Serious User
F

Magdeburg
Sergenant Sergenant Master Sergenant Shooter Person!

I <3 LINQ
Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: 3run] #357234
02/06/11 10:06
02/06/11 10:06
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Originally Posted By: 3run
Didn't watch the video yet, cause using my cellphone. Just wanted to say that Modern Warfare series aren't boring at all, and stories are just great. Endings in both of them are unforgettable!! I don't like to call them COD, for me they are just a different games (even developers are different). From all current "template" made shooter, I can only see two great ones, Half Life series and Modern Warfare series (which is the best multiplayer game for me too).

Are u kidding? Okay, the multiplayer in the Moder Warfare series is good, but u cant tell me u liked the stories?? Well, matter of taste I guess.
The gameplay however is pretty boring after a while cuz it gets repitive. I mean, sure u played Call of Duty (the original)? It's exactly the same as every following Call of Duty title: Script-based, repitive massacre/corridor shootings gameplay. Exchange the setting, the hero(s), add some more violence to get the medias attention, and voila, there u have one more Call of Duty title.
Honestly, I think thats one series that should find it's end.

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: the_clown] #357300
02/06/11 16:08
02/06/11 16:08
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Modern Warfare series and other CODs (same as Black Ops) are two different games for me...
I hate all other CODs, they are really template made... But Modern Warfare is just awesome (but yeah, it's matter of taste).
Can you tell me as an example an other game, which ends same spectacle? Except Half Life.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: 3run] #357306
02/06/11 16:40
02/06/11 16:40
Sajeth Offline
User
Sajeth  Offline
User

Modern Warfare (2 at least) was really pathetic - not only talking about the storyline, but rather this "scripted cutscene where the main character falls down in slow motion and is then helped up by a friend again" which was there around three dozen times or so. Somehow I felt like an idiot playing this.

Last edited by Sajeth; 02/06/11 16:41.

Teleschrott-Fan.
Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: Sajeth] #357309
02/06/11 16:53
02/06/11 16:53
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
So if you say that Modern Warfare is sucks, does that mean that there is no good FPS at all (except Half Life)?

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: 3run] #357316
02/06/11 17:10
02/06/11 17:10
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Originally Posted By: 3run
So if you say that Modern Warfare is sucks, does that mean that there is no good FPS at all (except Half Life)?

First of all: Nothing IS SUCKS - it DOES SUCK. Sorry for offtopic, and I know that is not your fault because your english simply isnt that good, which is not a bad thing, mine could be better too, so no offense intended, but it just annoys me.

Second:

No, I dont say that there is no good FPS at all.
I would indeed say there are MANY better first person shooter games than Modern Warfare. Even though it is a matter of taste, there are multiple shooters that come to my mind that are WAY better than Modern Warfare in my opinion:

Half Life 2 (cant judge about the first cuz I didnt play it),
ending may be somewhat lame but it is much more atmospheric and just better in so many ways.

Far Cry (first one, the ORIGINAL), AI is much better (and it's years older!!!), general gameplay is much more colorful (stealth, open combat, all that stuff), and although the hero is SUCH a cliché, I can better identify with Jack Carver than with whatever-he-was-called from MW.

Crysis, I KNOW, most people didnt like it, because the gameplay DOES get a bit repitive, and the Alien thing really isnt the most innovative idea, but it offers what makes a good FPS to me: Good AI, GORGEOUS environments, really cool design, a high grade of interactivity (picking up objects, throwing them), and a lot of funny details (coreans peeing in the sea, animals roaming the island...). And, most important, it isnt near as linear as Modern Warfare.

Well, thats just three examples, and most wont agree with me on the Crysis thing, but I could endlessly go on down to XII (which was pretty original), or in the future where really cool titles like Rage, Brink or Bulletstorm are going to add some new fresh taste to the FPS genre.

Oh, and about the MW ending: I cant tell, didnt play through it. I stopped when one of the heroes was killed by the atomic bomb. I cant stand games that kill my hero. grin

Re: Best game ever, learn from it! [Re: the_clown] #357317
02/06/11 17:26
02/06/11 17:26
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Yeah, my English isn't that good, but that doesn't bother me anyhow grin
About the examples that you gave:
*Half Life 2 (I said, any other game except Half Life series, or did I say it in some wrong way, so you didn't get me).
*Crisis - this one is just sucks...(don't know does it suck anything) this is kind of game, where you simply need to go from point A to point B, while moving you need to kill everything that moves...
*Far Cry (for me same as the Far Cry 2) - game without sole... same as the game above, simply moving from point A to point B...
The only thing that this games can offer is huge levels.. but that is just nothing against good gameplay.
You said that gameplay in Far Cry is so colorful, stealth blah blah blah...
But the reason you say that, is that you didn't play through all Modern Warfare, there are a lot of stealth and open combats (and other staff). AI is just great (to taste real MW you need to play on hardest difficulty), yeah it can't offer you a huge environment as Crysis, but still levels (and multiplayer maps as well) are just great! And I can say that crysis is very linear...yeah sure, you can move from point A to point B as you wish (via car or by walk) but still that doesn't make sense...

Last edited by 3run; 02/06/11 17:34. Reason: *****

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de