Quote:
You can select multiple items when you hold "strg", like in any other app.
Then you can set flags for all objects for example.

I was talking about the list on the left-hand side. If you want to, for example, move several items into or out of a group, then you have to do that one at a time. You cannot simply select multiple items and drag them to where you want them. I know all about selecting multiple items in a view port.

Quote:
For duplication offset: You can set it in the preferences to 0.

Again, you misunderstand. I did not complain about the offset settings that you can set under Preferences (even though this doesn't always work all the time. Mine are set to zero and sometimes a copy/pasted item will still be offset by a margin to one side or the other, etc). I was talking about using the move tool with SHIFT to duplicate an item. When using snapping, the newly duplicated item may be off by a quant (GameStudio's internal unit of measure) and thus prevent accurate snapping unless you turn snapping down to some very low number like 1 or 2. I normally have snapping set to 8 or 16 quants for most of the work I do.

Quote:
Sorry, but for 50% of the complains you get a RTFM from me.

Sorry, but for 50% of your post I would have to say RTFP (Read the F***ing Post). grin

Quote:
Quote:
It's view ports, as pointed out previously, are incredibly slow.

Open your settings. Set the rendering method to a different DLL. Problem solved.

No, the problem is not solved. The view ports are slow no matter which DLL you choose for rendering. Again, compare what is going on in WED's view ports to other game editors (Unity's comes to mind) and/or 3D applications like modo, MAX, etc. In modo, for example, I an manipulate over 9 million polygons in real time. In WED? Forget it. I created a town level in modo and was able to zoom through the level in its view ports without issue. In WED? Slow as syrup. It didn't matter which DLL I chose for display.

Quote:
Quote:
Navigation in them is horrible (when compared to other editors or to 3D applications).

Change your key bindings! I set mine up to be a standard WASD control scheme. You should do the same.

It's not just the key bindings, though changing them can help. It's more how they camera controls work. They are clunky and difficult. Again, compare the controls to other 3D related applications.

Quote:
Quote:
The visual quality of the view ports is equally poor.

You can see well enough to do what you need to do, though. This isn't really much of a problem.

Yes, it is a problem. The 3D view, for example, needs to give enough information so that the end-user has a pretty good idea of what the level is going to look like BEFORE going into the build process. If I have to waste 10 minutes (an example only) waiting while WED compiles the level only to find out that I need to readjust the level's ambient value, readjust the sun lighting and position, readjust static and dynamic lighting, etc, then what good did the 3D view port do for me? Other 3D editors and 3D modelers give me views that are pretty damned close to what you get in the final game.

Sometimes what you see in the views is NOT what you get in the final rendered game. Gaps that show up in the game geometry may not show up in the view port (this mainly affects BSP geomtry, but its there from time to time). I don't consider this "good enough".

The wireframe view of the 2D view port is substandard and it makes it difficult to work with from time to time, especially with complex levels. Other 3D applications have some methods of dealing with this. WED does not.

Frankly, the editor is fairly unreliable. It takes too much experimentation to get the job done and, as a result, a lot of time is wasted working in and/or around WED.

No, I maintain that WED stinks and that it is not "good enough," it does not work "well enough." But that's my position (and, apparently, the position of others here as well wink ).