Hello,

Our team just switched from A7 to A8, and now our terrain shaders are acting up.

In A7 they work fine, but in A8 over parts of the terrain, the shader basically shuts off and just shows Skin1.

I searched in Bug list and didn't see anything that looked related to this issue.

All of our terrains have over 64k vertices, so they all use terrain_chunk. Just mentioning that incase it is important for some reason.

We are using our own terrain shader, but I have also tested our terrains using the terrain terraintex.fx and terraintex3.fx shaders and those shaders also cut out at same places in the levels in A8.

I dunno what the change is between A7 to A8 that is causing the issue. All the other shaders that are not a terrain still work fine, so it is definitely terrain related. It seems like the normals, in position, maybe terrain chunks or something is causing the issue.

Anyway, here is a video comparing doing the same movements over the same areas of terrain in A8 and A7 and the results. When the terrain is green it is just showing the terrain skin1 and skipping the terrain shader in that area.
A8TerrainShaderIssues Video (2.5mb)

Here is one more in A8 with different level. In A7 works fine. In A8 does this.
Another example on different terrain (.6 mb)

Thanks for help,
Loco

Professional A8.30
Spoils of War - East Coast Games